Inventory Control Specialist - Aurora, CO
at SUPERVALU Inc
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Aurora, Colorado
Responsible for the proper receiving, storage, and control of warehouse inventory to maximize the use of warehouse space and provide for and efficient order selection system. The incumbent exercises day-to day operational judgment concerning the inventory control that may affect the performance of the warehouse operation and its ability to carry out daily objectives.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Assists receivers and lift operators assigned to receiving activities to ensure proper placement of merchandise.
- Assigns slot numbers to all new merchandise that will go into permanent slots and provides merchandising departments with information for updating the purchase order systems.
- Ensures item maintenance is completed for all new merchandise in the automation, including cube-a-scan functions.
- Determines proper pallet quantities and pack descriptions for the merchandising departments on all new items to maximize warehouse cubic utilization.
- Rotates merchandise as required to maintain freshness and dating in a timely an efficient manner.
- Maintains a listing of empty slots created by discontinued items and reassigns items as maximum quantity increases or decreases.
- Locates merchandise that has been improperly slotted and supervises movement to correct position to minimize mark-outs to retailers.
- Assists in the preparation and taking of physical inventory to ensure an accurate physical count of the distribution center’s merchandise.
- Determines disposition of out-of-date and bad order products to minimize both product loss and labor time lost handling the product.
- Controls merchandise in outside storage to ensure proper rotation of product as well as maintain proper inventory levels in warehouse to service retailers.
- Checks differences between warehouse inventory records and computer inventory records and determines the reason initiating corrective action as needed to ensure correct inventory records.
- Recommends changes in warehouse capacity, type of storage, type and arrangement of facilities, and physical handling methods in the warehouse to increase efficiency and control cost.
Why Work for Supervalu?
- Prior distribution experience with an emphasis on related inventory systems.
- Computerized Warehouse inventory system knowledge.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy is essential.
As one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the United States, SUPERVALU is dedicated to feeding our communities by providing innovative, customer-centric solutions. We deliver on that promise every day through a strong network of 30,000 talented employees who supply the best national brands and our own high-quality and affordable private label products to thousands of customers, and millions of consumers, nationwide. With a wide variety of services and industry leading expertise, SUPERVALU offers you the opportunity to shape the food industry through every stage of your career.
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. SUPERVALU is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.