Quality Control Technician - Orlando, FL at Oldcastle APG Inc
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Orlando, Florida
Job ID: 125573
Oldcastle Precast is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, Oldcastle Precast is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting-edge ways.
Job Description Summary
The Quality Technician is responsible for daily testing, inspection, and documentation required within the OPI Quality Program. Demonstrates a commitment to a “Culture of Safety” by actively utilizing systems and processes that achieve an Employee Driven, Hazard Controlled environment. Actively participates in training and development of self and others as part of the plant and regional succession planning program. Assume Quality Manager responsibilities as needed. Position requires the employee to perform a wide variety of Quality Control functions including, but not limited to, the following:
- Perform daily quality assurance activities for the facility, inspecting and testing product and materials as required by the Quality Control Manual and third party agency requirements.
- Performs pre-pour inspections before molds are cleared to be cast.
- Performs post-pour and product acceptance inspections according to Program guidelines and standards.
- Performs product inspections prior to shipment.
- Performs annual form inspection, per NPCA requirements.
- Completes current compliance documentation (DOT, NPCA, ACI & OPI) and recordkeeping for the facility.
- Performs daily testing of product (specimen testing, air content, bulk density, spread, VSI, temp, MC% of aggregates) and advises supervisor of any deviations to standards or specifications.
- Ensure product labeling/stenciling conforms to OPI requirements.
- Provide sales with process/product testing data per customer’s needs.
- Participates in quarterly QC meetings (including Engineering, Production, CAD departments) assists in addressing corrective actions for specific quality issues/concerns.
- Assists in monthly training for process leads and process technicians.
- Perform monthly & annual material testing & calibrations, ensuring that all materials used meet or exceed requirements (ASTM, DOT, NPCA & OPI).
- Assists Quality Manager with complying to all third party requirements
- Assist Quality Manager in the process of complying with all third-party agencies facility audits (DOT, NPCA, Convault, other customers as required).
- Report-out on quality issues/deficiencies at the mid-day meeting and assist supervisor and process leads with corrective actions assigned.
- Recommend repairs for product, as needed.
- Recommend corrective actions on mix design to engineering, as needed.
- Recommend revisions to drawings, as needed.
- Maintain current knowledge of precast processes and equipment through continuing education and industry seminars/publications.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- ACI Field Testing Technician Level 1 certification.
- ACI Strength Testing certification.
- NPCA PQS Level 1 certification.
- Concrete cylinder compression testing
- Demonstrated ability to properly use (Lab oven, lab scales, slump cone, unit weight bucket, air meter, thermometer, tape measure, sand-equivalent/hydrometer, sieve analysis & sand equivalent shaker, Schmidt Hammer, organic impurities test).
- Written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively implement and utilize process and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of effective and efficient quality & continuous improvement methods.
- Basic knowledge of company product, policies, and procedures.
- Interpersonal & organizational skills.
- Proven problem-solving skill set.
- Basic mathematical ability.
- Ability to operate a computer and supporting software packages.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to analyze process variance, recommend a course of action and effectively implement solutions with a team.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Precast is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Precast is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.