QA Tester - Sledgehammer Games
at Sledgehammer Games Inc.
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Foster City, California
The QA Tester role for Sledgehammer Games Studio will be working in a development QA environment and performing both grey box and black box testing techniques to identify quality bugs/issues efficiently and effectively.
- Identify, isolate, regress and communicate issues/defects effectively and efficiently
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the systems assigned to them and communicate progress, status and risk assessment
- Directly support the development team on defect/issue root cause analysis
- Develop partnerships with assigned Studio resources and teams
- Work in a collaborative QA environment, executing individual tasks and group assignments
- Create, maintain and execute Test Cases to provide end-to-end testing coverage
- Participate in qualitative user experience feedback on key products and/or services
- Execute daily build sanity checks and key feature/function testing
- Execute testing tasks through the use of in-house and 3rd party test tools
- Promote improvements and efficiencies across QA and Studio Quality Control processes
- Partner with QA Support groups to ensure alignment of testing focus/tasks
- Identification and reporting of product issues/defects
- Execution of Product feature and functionality verification, regression and stability testing
- Test Case creation and execution
- Use of Debug and Test Tools to aid in testing and bug research
Recommended Experience and Knowledge:
- +6mo testing experience in software/gaming QA
- Understanding of Software Testing Processes and Best Practices
- Understanding of Software/Game Development Lifecycles
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Passion for Games
- Embedded testing experience in a Game Development Studio
- Console and/or First Person Shooter game genre testing experience
- Experience with Grey box and White box testing
- Experience with Test Automation
- Experience with Software Development Tools
- Experience with JIRA for project database
- Technical experience/schooling in i.e. Computer Science, Coding Languages, Computer Hardware, Audio, Technical Art and/or Game Design.
Skills and Abilities:
- Autonomous - Ability to work with limited direction and supervision
- Initiative / Resourcefulness - Ability to seek out and take on new tasks , identify, analyze and seek out resolutions on their own
- Work Ethic / Level of Effort - Demonstrates interest, focus and high level of effort in their work
- Technical Proficiency/Aptitude – able to quickly pick up and retain technical information and processes
- Troubleshooter – Ability to identify current and potential issues and deliver sound resolutions
- Reliable - Delivers work/results at or above expectations on time
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication - Ability to communicate issues clearly and concisely. Engages in discussions and able to make compelling and supported arguments
- Time Management and Prioritization - Ability to understand priorities and organize time around these. Able to recognize when support is needed to prioritize work and/or offload work
Sledgehammer Games was founded with a singular goal: Achieve Excellence. We have a state of the art facility, an industry leading development team, and a studio culture built to promote and support world class game developers. We are actively recruiting top talent for our Call of Duty development team. If you are passionate and driven to do your best work, and have a desire to work on the most successful FPS franchise in the history of video games, please apply online.
Come take a closer look at our studio, our culture, and some of the worldwide press for our latest game, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, http://www.sledgehammergames.com
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.