Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Ashburn, Virginia
Best people + right culture. These are the driving forces behind JE Dunn’s strategy for success. By hiring the best people we can find, giving them interesting and challenging work, and letting them share in the company’s rewards, we’ve found a sustainable way to grow in our industry for the last 90+ years.
JE Dunn believes in providing the best tools for employees to get the job done right. Lean operation processes. Digital document collaboration. LEED-certified, occupant-focused environments. We make sure our workforce is prepared for the job, and we expect the best. Our diverse teams around the country strive to enrich lives through inspired people and places every day, and we need inspired people like you to join us in our pursuit of building perfection.
The Senior Project Engineer will manage a small project or a component of a large or more complex project with oversight. This position will fully apply JE Dunn processes and tools to manage aspects of project management, administration and field execution for projects. All activities will be performed in support of the strategy, vision and values of JE Dunn.
All activities will be performed in support of the strategy, vision and values of JE Dunn.
• Leads the preparation of estimates for the base project, self-perform work and change requests. Establishes scopes of work and identifies subcontractors.
• Supports and/or completes job set-up and project administration in CMiC and other company technologies.
• Leads the submittal process to ensure alignment with the project schedule.
• Prepares and manages the project schedule, outlining the work plan and sequence for assigned portion of the project.
• Analyzes and reports production statistics for key project components.
• Manages project risks such as subcontractor performance, financials and resource allocation.
• Coordinates a variety of meetings such as pre-planning and post-construction meetings, monthly project reviews, progress and Owner Architect Contractor (OAC) meetings.
• Reviews and approves monthly subcontractor and vendor pay applications.
• Demonstrates a general understanding of terms and conditions of owner contracts and subcontracts.
• Initiates conversations about potential issues to create a collaborative environment for solving problems.
• Leads the project close out process, including creation and management of punch lists, tracking and controlling quality and costs for assigned scopes of work and scheduling inspections.
• Provides training and mentorship to others.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
Bachelor's Degree in construction management, engineering, or related field Preferred
In lieu of the above requirements, equivalent relevant experience will be considered
2+ years experience in construction experience Required
At JE Dunn, you’ll receive an abundance of resources dedicated to ensuring your success and future development
Whether it’s our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), company wellness program, or modern workspaces, we put the satisfaction of our employees at the forefront of everything we do.
Award-winning benefits package
Named one of Plan Sponsor Magazine’s 2015 Plan Sponsors of the Year, JE Dunn’s employee benefits package ranks among the top of our peer group, meeting and exceeding standard expectations.
Professional training opportunities
Our employee development team works full-time to create growth opportunities across the company. We encourage employees to take command of their own development, and we make sure they have what they need to take that next step.
Corporate and personal involvement in the communities in which we work is simply part of the job--JE Dunn as an organization is proud to donate over 10 percent of our pre-tax earnings to charities around the country each year.
JE Dunn Construction Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. As such, the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a)(7), 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A are herein incorporated by reference, if applicable.
These numbers refer to clauses in Executive Order 11246 (41 CFR 60-1), Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act (41 CFR 60-300), Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (41 CFR 60-741), Executive Order 13496 (29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A).
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
EEO Employer W/M/Vet/Disabled