Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Piscataway, New Jersey
The Standards Brand & Marketing Operations Program Manager, as a member of the GBSI team and in conjunction with the GBSI leadership will provide input and drive execution of the IEEE-SA’s integrated marketing strategy. Functional responsibilities will include creating, educating, developing awareness and engagement with the IEEE Standards Association (IEEE-SA) based on predetermined, agreed upon campaigns. The role is expected to provide consistent and engaging internal and external brand experiences that effectively portray the IEEE-SA to target audiences.
Reporting Structure: This role reports to Manager, Global Standards Solutions & Content Marketing.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
● Draft, manage and upon approval, execute marketing communications plan
● May be responsible for functionally or directly reporting management of staff
● Under the guidance and direction from GBSI management team, collaborate with stakeholders and other IEEE operational units to manage the internal and external content development process that can be leveraged by various communications channels to achieve maximum impact
● Monitor the delivery of the brand direction and strategy as developed by GBSI senior leadership and recommend areas of improvement
● Support the planning and implementation of marketing events/trade show strategy and activities
● Under the direction of GBSI/Marketing leadership, collaborate cross-functionally with counterparts, program stakeholders and SLT to create and manage a consistent, effective messaging and visual identity strategy that leverages accepted SA messaging frameworks and branding elements.
● Manage IEEE-SA e-communications vehicles including but not limited to: email marketing campaigns and e-newsletters, webinars, and Google AdWords
● Effectively set and manage deadlines and priorities to ensure timely and consistent high-quality delivery of projects
● Engage and collaborate with IEEE-SA Digital Community and Public Relations teams to ensure seamless connectivity to drive efficient transition to digital assets as necessary
● Collect/organize campaign data and analytics to evaluate marketing program effectiveness to drive efficiency and optimization
● Continually review, improve and optimize marketing processes as part of GBSI’s continual improvement process
● Manage internal marketing procedures, marketing processes, marketing program information and knowledge base/repository
● Organize multiple projects according to deadlines and manages in-house and external vendors engaged in projects
● Develop marketing budgets for assigned programs/activities, and conduct monthly forecasting of related financial activities to ensure that marketing line expenses remain on target
● Assist in the development of RFPs, selection, evaluation, and management of outside vendors/service providers
● Assist in the identification of systems/tools following approved processes and procedures that will help to drive continuous efficiency improvements for the marketing team
● Partners with IEEE-SA staff responsible for product, services and program business operations at the discretion of GBSI leadership
Education and Experience:
● Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Marketing or related discipline.
● Prior job related experience in technology sector is desirable
● Advanced degree desirable.
● A minimum of 7+ years experience in a marketing role.
● 3+ years of direct experience with email marketing campaigns and related tools/applications.
● Proven experience working with vendors.
● Proven experience and success with SEM, SEO.
● Experience with Google Analytics.
● Proven experience with various marketing genres and methodologies.
Skills & Other Requirements:
● Strong data interpretation and analytical skills with ability to analyze markets and customer needs and develop marketing plans and recommendations based on these needs.
● Creative, detail-oriented, and capable of meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
● Superior project management skills, managing multiple projects simultaneously.
● Superior written and oral communications skills mandatory.
● Advanced knowledge and use of Microsoft Office applications and database applications and tools.
● Advance knowledge and use of web page editing tools, and use of e-communication applications and tools, including LISTSERV applications.
● Ability to maintain composure and professionalism in the work environment
● Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and positively motivate others
● Ability to manage and maintain both staff and business confidentiality
● Use of Content Management Systems (CMS)
For information on work demands and conditions required for this position, please consult the reference document below, “Physical, Mental, and Work Environment Standards for IEEE Positions.” This position is classified under Category I – office positions.
IEEE is an EEO/AAP Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
Disclaimer: This job description outlines the general nature and key features performed by various positions that share the same job classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of all employees assigned to the job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or re-assign duties to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other business reasons.