Fabrication Machine Operator - 2nd Shift - Moorestown, NJ at Oldcastle Building Envelope, Inc.
Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Moorestown, New Jersey
Job ID: 125567
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a division of Oldcastle, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
We are currently seeking a full-time Vertical Glass Edger Operator in the fabrication department. This position involves the operation of a vertical grinder to miter and/or polish glass edges. The operator tracks, locates, and records edger production on schedules provided by the Supervisor. This is a 2nd shift position. Shift start time is 5:00 pm Mon-Fri. Availability must be 5 pm to 5 am when needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Read and understand sketches and translate into proper machine setting
- Read schedules and understand edger's production demands based on information schedules
- Operate a grinder to fabricate a quality ground or polished edge
- Operate overhead crane and vacuum lift
- Use edging machine, dolly, crane, glass cups, tape measure, pliers, glass cutter, and other various tools
- Perform routine maintenance on machines
- Complete daily worksheets and forms (including quality testing)
- Regular and predictable attendance, the ability to safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job
- Must have prior experience operating an industrial machine
- Must be able to speak, read, and understand English
- Basic computer familiarity
- Ability to read and use a tape measure
- Read and perform mathematical calculations and measurements with numbers, fractions, and decimals
- Must be willing to work any shift, overtime, and weekends
- High School Diploma or GED, preferred
- Prior experience working in glass manufacturing industry highly desirable
- Ability to grasp and squeeze small parts and large items
- Ability to stand on concrete, wearing safety boots, for up to 12 hours per day
- Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 75 lbs. repeatedly throughout a shift
- Ability to work in varied temperatures consistent with same climate conditions of the region (Heat, humidity, etc.). The production area is not climate controlled.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Only online applications will be accepted
- When applying, please provide full employment history
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.