Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Job ID: 10921
The AMETEK Hamilton Precision Metals plant custom re-roll precision metal strip and foil, including titanium, nickel and nickel-based alloys, stainless steel and super alloys with applications in medical, aerospace, electronics, process control among others.
AMETEK, Inc. has an opening for a Roll Grinder at their Lancaster, PA plant. The salary for this position starts at $17.15/ hour, with shift premium option available.
* Support rolling mills and slitters with properly ground work rolls, intermediate work rolls, drivers and idlers, tension rolls, wrinkle rolls, bridle rolls and rotary slitting knives both carbide and various other metals.
* Must operate and setup equipment mentioned above to very exacting tolerances to obtain desired finishes, contours, tapers, crowns and parallelisms desired for use in mills and slitters.
* Examines rolls, cutters, etc. with 20x binocular microscope and precision measuring equipment to assure proper finish and correct size is attained.
* Grinds mill blocks, slitter, cleaning machine, annealing furnace and various other bridle rolls. Grinds rolls used in some of the leveling equipment.
• Must be comfortable working in a unionized, multi-machine job shop environment.
• Individuals should have experience working with metal alloy material.
• Experience working with grinding, mills, slitting, and cleaning machinery preferred.
• Individual must be willing to work on varying shifts and on weekends if needed.
• Understanding that work orders are set-up and run specific to customer needs and require attention to detail.
• Individual must have a high school diploma or GED certification.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.