VP, Research Director at Cambridge
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
Fuel your intellectual curiosity and professional growth. Forrester is an idea company, where smart, motivated, curious people bring a diversity of opinions and the courage of their convictions to collaborate on ideas that change the course of business. Most of all, bring a point of view; here, every voice has value. At Forrester, you’ll work with innovative clients at emerging and established brands; these are the business and technology leaders we inspire and who inspire us. The Forrester experience is built on a singular, powerful purpose: to challenge thinking and lead change.
About This Role:
The Research Director will help define Forrester’s digital transformation research strategy and achieve its growth objectives. This person’s responsibilities will focus on helping define and drive an innovative and actionable research and advisory agenda that addresses the strategic needs of our target infrastructure & operations clients, with specific emphasis on areas like digital transformation strategy, operational excellence, services partner selection, and technology selection and deployment. The Research Director will be responsible for helping ensure that the team produces a high-quality research product.
The Research Director will lead a worldwide research team of six or more people and must be able to partner effectively with both seasoned and new analysts. He or she must be passionate about helping individuals achieve their full potential as strategic thinkers, writers, and advisors to our clients.
- Engaging as a thought partner with the analyst team to refine and expand the existing research agenda.
- Identifying and formulating innovative approaches to helping clients succeed.
- Partnering with account teams to identify and pursue business opportunities.
- Editing syndicated research reports and ensuring the quality of our intellectual property.
- Serving as a mentor and coach to new members of the research team in support of their professional development goals.
- Ensuring the achievement of team performance goals such as research production, client inquiry, sales support, the presentation of event keynote and track sessions, and consulting revenue.
- Participating in Forrester-sponsored and other events to drive awareness of the infrastructure & operations practice.
- Contributing to the growth of the Forrester Leadership Boards business by partnering with Forrester’s advisors to work with our member clients and by ensuring that the research team provides quality deliverables to council members.
Forrester is looking for people who are inspired and inspiring. Our product is our intellectual capital, so we welcome and reward intellectual excellence, curiosity, and sophisticated thinking and look for:
- At least 10 years of experience as a research analyst, industry practitioner, product manager/marketer, or consultant.
- Demonstrated consulting and trusted advisor leadership to senior management and C-level clients.
- Knowledge of infrastructure & operations issues and challenges.
- A strong record of academic and commercial achievement.
- Superior analytical, writing, and presentation skills.
- The ability to travel 25% of the time or more.
- Experience in the health care or the technology professional services space is a plus.
Explore #ForresterLife on:
Forrester Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.
The information provided by you in this application will be used for the purposes of recruitment and, for successful applicants only, for personnel administration and management purposes and to comply with the employer’s obligations regarding the retention of employee records. If your application is unsuccessful, Forrester Research, Inc., its subsidiaries, affiliates, and/or service providers (collectively “Forrester”) will retain your personal information on secure file solely to consider you for future recruitment opportunities.
By submitting your resume/CV, you consent to Forrester’s retention of the information provided on a secure file for personnel administration and management purposes and/or in order to consider you for future employment opportunities and to the transfer of the information provided to:
Forrester’s offices in the US and other countries outside the European Economic Area; and Service providers engaged by Forrester for the purposes of processing applications for employment who may be located outside the European Economic Area.