at GEO Corrections & Detentions (A GEO Company)
Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by CareerBuilder
Location: Aurora, Colorado
If you're an LPN, we've got a great career opportunity for you! Currently, we are seeking a skilled LPN to join our nursing team. In this nursing role, you will play a key role in the implementation and evaluation of detainees/inmates health care needs. You will be responsible for providing comprehensive nursing care so experience in providing medical nursing care, crisis intervention and handling medical emergencies is essential. If you have the necessary skills and experience, we want to hear from you!LPN Licensed Practical Nurse (Nursing)Job Responsibilities
As a LPN you will work under an RN developing and implementing nursing care plans on detainees/inmates. You will be responsible for observing and maintaining the requirements of security as well as maintaining compliance with industry and company policies for accreditation.
LPN Licensed Practical Nurse (Nursing)
- Performing a complete physical assessment and medical history as required on each detainee/inmate entering the correctional system
- Assisting physician with sick call by screening patients and performing minor surgical procedures
- Ensuring the implementation of physician's orders and that prescribed medications are administered as ordered using the formulary
- Making observation rounds on patients, and recording in progress notes
- Evaluating symptoms, reactions and progress of patients on periodic basis; charting and reporting problems to management
- Maintaining security while dispensing medications and is continually cognizant of the potential hazard of drug hoarding and trafficking among detainees/inmates
- Destroying and properly disposing of all needles/syringes
- Documenting all detainee/inmate contacts
- Maintaining confidentiality of medical records
This is a great opportunity for a skilled LPN! Take a look at the requirements below to see if this nursing role will be a good fit for you. If it is, apply today!
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current, unrestricted license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in the state the facility is located
- Ability to maintain a current copy of license on file at the facility at all times
- 2 years of direct work experience, preferred
- Ability to provide the following services: crisis intervention, medical emergencies, physical assessment, medical nursing care and psychiatric nursing care
- Ability to perform nursing diagnosis and appropriate follow through treatment without direct supervision
LPN Licensed Practical Nurse (Nursing)Benefits
As a LPN with The GEO Group, Inc., you will be part of a stable, established and yet still growing organization with a great deal of diversification, which will present you with a range of different challenges. Since we do prefer to promote from within, you will have opportunities to move to other facilities, as well as to different divisions within the company. We value your hard work and professional dedication and will reward you with a competitive compensation package that includes full benefits.
Your benefits will include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Term life insurance (includes spouse and dependents)
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- Stock purchase program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Legal program - Legal Club of America
- Paid time off
- Direct deposit
- Theme park and attraction discounts
Equal Opportunity Employer
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.