Software Architect at Nasdaq Comp
Posted in Finance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by CareerBuilder
Location: New York, New YorkJob Description:
Nasdaq is looking for a Software Architect interested in leveraging innovative technologies such as blockchain to change the landscape of financial services. Nasdaq, an applied technologies company regarded as a thought leader in the blockchain ecosystem, is working to leverage this revolutionary tech in a variety of use cases, several of which have been made public. Linq was one of the earliest of such implementations and has been cited as a \"the first platform from an established financial services firm to demonstrate how asset trading could be managed digitally through the use of blockchain-based platforms\"
We are looking for motivated professionals who are well versed in modern web-based technologies and are excited about the implications blockchain tech can have on the financial sector.
- As a Software Architect at Nasdaq you will design, develop, modify, adapt and implement solutions to information technology needs through new and existing applications, systems architecture and applications infrastructure. You will also review system requirements and business processes; code, test, debug and and implement software solutions.
- The right candidate will be capable of working closely with our business partners and customers to identify and model the right technical solutions to meet client requirements and lead a technical team through design and development of those solutions.
- Your responsibilities will include the design of systems architecture, systems strategy, integration services and applications infrastructure. You will establish technology product specifications, and collaborates with various functions to ensure successful product development and implementation.
- Create and manage the appropriate technical strategy to support our customer's needs Lead a technology team in all aspects of the PDLC Responsible for the security and quality of the end product
- Conduct code reviews and mentor more junior team members
- Provide application software development services or technical support Develops program logic for critical components of the application
- Implement continuous integration practices to ensure successful installation and increased efficiency.
- Ensure that applications are compatible across multiple computing platforms and browsers.
- Degree qualified in a discipline related to Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of web client engineering experience with agile software development processes.
- Proven ability to work with a distributed team technically well rounded; we expect you to enjoy picking up new technologies and experiment with them to determine whether they can help our business. Software, and technology in general, is a passion for you, not just a way to earn a living
- Requires depth and/or breadth of expertise in own specialized discipline or field.
- Works across teams to apply conceptual knowledge to solve high level problems.
- As a senior contributor acts as the escalation point for both internal and external people as it relates to their discipline.
- Works across discipline boundaries to further the greater Nasdaq agenda.
- Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services.
- Has vision as it relates to improvement, and furthering the offering/creating new business opportunities.
- Is the team coach/mentor. Develops and motivates the team for success.
- May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity.
- Constantly strives to improve and find better ways to accomplish personal and business objectives and performance.
- Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions.
- Sustains an environment that supports experimentation, rewards risk-taking and reinforces curiosity.
- Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies.
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view.
- Proactively shares experiences and knowledge towards the achievement of team objectives.
- Shows initiative to deliver better results than expected and often offers his/her help to others in order to achieve shared goals.
- Leverages methods and approaches for data collection from other internal/external sources and best practices to address complex problems, situations or issues.
- Works with large amounts of data and identifies highly complex root causes and potential implications; coaches others on data synthesis and analysis.
- Approaches situations from a holistic perspective and considers interdependencies and the impact of actions; synthesizes results and links patterns and trends.
- Utilizes knowledge of the organization's business model and operations to drive high impact projects and complex analyses that support the organization's mission.
- Leverages deep understanding of the policies, practices, trends and information that impact the organization and its customers to plan for future projects.
- Utilizes knowledge of the business and financial impact of decisions/solutions to drive high-impact projects that support the organization and contribute to growth in its financial performance.
- Identifies areas for improvement and develops innovative enhancements using available software development tools following design requirements of customer.
- Leads product management initiatives, collaborating with other cross-functional teams as needed; researches current product trends and applies these findings to strategy, processes and procedures.
- Translates complex customer business requirements and/or new situations into action steps/plans for developers.
Nasdaq is an equal opportunity employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, color, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.