Field Service Representative I - ProTechnics at Core Laboratories
Posted in Compliance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
FIELD SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE I
The Field Service Representative uses licensed material and provides personal supervision in the use of licensed material at work sites in order to support radioactive tracer services (proppant tracers) during well site operations. The incumbent is responsible to the licensor NRC (Nuclear Regulatory Commission) and/or the Agreement States for assuring compliance with the requirements of the Commission s regulations and the conditions of the license.
Functions as the Radiation Safety Officer at work sites. Works independently and without supervision 80% of the time to manage and implement proppant tracer services at well sites. The Field Service Representative is required to assess well site operations and effectively communicate to customers the work that needs to be done to carry out tracer services, ensuring that the work is performed in a safe and optimal manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Job Management Responsibilities
* Communicates job objectives, design and possible operation changes with the client, including but not limited to the following:
* Reviews safety and flow-back procedures, confirms proppant and chemical tracer objectives, reviews job design needed to achieve objectives, and communicates job changes that may occur depending on effectiveness of overall well site operations.
* Gathers and evaluates information on well specifications, number of fracture stimulation stages and depths, perforation(s) depths, casing, tubing specifications, and completion type (plug and perforating sliding sleeve, packers plus, frac pack, etc.).
* Based on an analysis of data gathered, strategizes rig-up scenarios with the client and recommends optimal design to maximize tracer outcomes.
* Analyzes mud reports and determines the appropriate amount of tracer to use for the operation. Communicates with client to determine if additions to the drilling mud system are anticipated or have been made in order to determine impact to design of the job, as well as materials required.
* Monitors real-time well site operations and adjusts tracer job design depending on status and stage of the operation. Must exercise discretion and independent judgment (without direct supervision) in determining appropriate adjustments and/or changes to job design, taking into consideration regulatory, safety, and desired goals of diagnostic services to be provided.
* Upon completion of tracer operations, surveys the well site to ensure that no radioactive material residue remains at the site.
* Provides customers with technical product support relating specifically to proppant and chemical tracer services.
* Determines the appropriate mix of proppant and chemical tracers required for tracer completion and monitors injection into the frac line going into the well.
* Utilizing the STMU (Spectral Tracer Monitoring Unit) for jobs with proppant tracers, measures the tracer material going downhole.
* Communicates status of the tracer operations to the client, including screen-outs (material in the line), pump stops, and completion of the job.
* Accurately completes all required reports at the conclusion of the job, for example, job site survey, job site summary of operation, inventory of materials used, field receipt, etc.
Job Close Responsibilities
Conducts a post-job review with the client and obtains post job treatment report from the frac company detailing the outcome of the job. Discusses and sells the client on the possibility of future work and scheduling of next service. Promotes and educates the client on the services provided by Core Laboratories that may address client needs. Reviews marketing materials with the client as appropriate for potential future work.
* Trains clients and flow-back crew on proper sampling procedures (water, oil, gas and/or sand samples), as well as documentation procedures required to ensure accurate interpretation of the engineering data obtained from well site operations.
* Train engineers and oil field gauger/pumper personnel on sampling schedules and specialized sampling equipment and procedures, safety, and quality controls required for tracer operations. Trains mud engineers on sample collection procedures, calculation of sample depth and proper documentation required.
* Trains well site personnel on proper use of radiation survey meters and survey techniques as required.
Radiation Safety Responsibilities
* The incumbent is required to demonstrate knowledge, responsibility, and authority in the enforcement of appropriate radiation protection rules, standards, and practices on behalf of the licensee.
* Functions as the Radiation Safety Officer at the well site. In the event of an emergency, has the authority to take charge of the well site and implement procedures in ProTechnics O&E Manual.
* Conducts safety meetings for all personnel on location prior to beginning of on-site operations. Establishes and oversees ALARA (As Low As Reasonably Achievable) radiation control, operating, safety, and emergency procedures.
* Evaluates emergency situations at the well site (including blowouts, uncontrolled flow-back, fire, etc.), takes control of emergency situations, and directs all third party personnel in appropriate response. This includes calming onsite personnel through concise, effective communication regarding the nature of the emergency, as well as directing and controlling appropriate remedial actions.
* The ability to quickly and independently exercise discretion and judgment are essential when analyzing emergency situations, determining remedial actions needed, and directing others to take appropriate actions for resolution.
* Responsible for the assessment, judgment and decision making, and supervision of decontamination activities for various operations and/or emergency scenarios that may occur during well site tracer operations.
* Responsible for effective communication with regulatory inspectors and/or auditors of state and/or federal Departments of Health, Nuclear Regulatory agencies, etc. Must be able to provide regulatory representatives with detailed descriptions of what the work entails, as well as how ProTechnics is meeting work requirements while adhering to regulatory requirements.
* At any point in time before or during operations, the Field Service Representative must be able to evaluate and identify safety hazards and has the authority to cease all operations when necessary to avoid or prevent serious injury or death.
Other Job Duties
* Responsible for safe handling and transportation of all assigned radioactive material and equipment.
* Incumbent is responsible for maintaining the company vehicle that is assigned to him, including keeping the interior and exterior of the vehicle clean and regular mechanical maintenance.
* Delivers products and services to customers as needed.
* Responsible for ensuring a safe work environment and minimizing accidents in the work place and on well sites.
* Must be willing to travel and work on weekends.
* The incumbent will be on-call 24/7.
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS AFTER BEING HIRED BY PROTECHNICS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING
* Must successfully complete six (6) weeks of classroom training and certification programs. Training and certification includes basic knowledge of radiation principles and