Quality Control Roadway Laborer Savannah, Ga at Preferred Materials Inc.
Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Savannah, Georgia
Job ID: 115507
Preferred Materials – Asphalt Division, part of Oldcastle Materials South Division of Companies, is the leader in production of high-quality hot mix and warm mix asphalt, and, with a team of skilled contracting professionals, Preferred Materials – Asphalt Division also offers design-build and conventional-bid-build solutions for roadway and civil construction projects. Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, and with offices throughout Florida and in Savannah, Georgia, and Hardeeville, South Carolina, Preferred Materials – Asphalt Division performs asphalt paving, grading, and related roadway services. Our employees make Preferred Materials – Asphalt Division a great place to work. We promote a strong safety culture, where employees take responsibility for their own safety.
Quality Control Roadway Laborer
Running testing procedures required per specification on the roadway. Document and report all of the results reached doing the testing.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Roadway Construction Testing: temperature, layer thickness, compacted in place density and sampling.
- Maintain test result database: input data.
- Be able to pass a CTQP Roadway Level I and II within 6 months of employment
- Complete the in house Roadway Technician Training program within 1 month of employment
- Shovel and rake asphalt as required
- Drive a pickup truck or passenger vehicle.
Minimum Skills and Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED Equivalent is preferred but not required
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Knowledge and ability to perform mathematical skills (adding, subtracting, division, multiplication, percentages and weights).
- Must be proficient in word and excel
- Ability to read and comprehend technical manuals.
- Must be able to read and use measuring devices.
- Must have the ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- May be required to work day or night and some weekends
- •Must possess a valid driver’s license for the territory of operation.
- •Having a current CTQP Roadway Level I and or II certification, would be preferred but not required Shift differential may apply
Preferred Skills or Certifications (but not required):
•Current Asphalt Roadway Level I, II and III Certification
•1-2 years’ experience in heavy highway or paving industry.
- Maintain reliable attendance, meeting company safety and performance standards, and maintain a positive attitude.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Materials South Division is a part of Oldcastle Materials, Inc., the third-largest aggregates and ready mixed concrete producer, and the number one asphalt producer in the United States. The South Division consists of three regions: Appalachian Materials, Midsouth Materials & Preferred Materials. Companies operate in the states of Alabama, Florida, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia, with limited operations in Georgia and South Carolina.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Materials, South Division is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Materials, South Divisions is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.