Asphalt Roller Operator - Fort Myers, FL at Preferred Materials Inc.
Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Fort Myers, Florida
Job ID: 110025
Preferred Materials – Asphalt Division, part of Oldcastle Materials South Division of Companies, is the leader in production of high-quality hot mix and warm mix asphalt, and, with a team of skilled contracting professionals, Preferred Materials – Asphalt Division also offers design-build and conventional-bid-build solutions for roadway and civil construction projects. Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, and with offices throughout Florida and in Savannah, Georgia, and Hardeeville, South Carolina, Preferred Materials – Asphalt Division performs asphalt paving, grading, and related roadway services. Our employees make Preferred Materials – Asphalt Division a great place to work. We promote a strong safety culture, where employees take responsibility for their own safety.
This is a highly skilled position involving the control and operation of the asphalt roller machine.
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently by following patterns to smooth material from paver to proper depths.
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of the paving industry including preparatory work, grades, drainage, paving patterns, aggregate size, job specifications, oil consistencies, compaction and other details related to asphalt paving.
- The operator is responsible for the efficient working condition of the equipment and is expected to perform minor servicing and maintenance or refer major problems to the supervisor.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; and one to two years related asphalt and road construction experience.
Shift differential may apply
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Materials, South Division is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Materials, South Divisions is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.