Posted in Restaurant - Food Service 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Zion Crossroads, Virginia
Manager – General Job Description
The essential functions and position standards of a manager includes those listed above for a crew member, and the items listed below. An individual must be able to perform each necessary function satisfactorily. Wendy’s will, upon request, provide reasonable accommodation in accordance with the ADA to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant with a disability, unless doing so would cause Wendy’s undue hardship.
A Manager must be able to perform each of the following essential functions:
Come to work promptly and regularly. React to sudden change while handling other assigned tasks.
Stand for much of the work day. Take and give direction, while working well with others.
Work in a fast paced environment. Concentrate and perform duties accurately.
Fulfill the Knowledge and Ability section.
1. Trains, monitors and reinforces safety procedures among employees. Ensures food safety procedures are executed according to policies and health/sanitation regulations. Initiates corrective action when appropriate.
2. Works with restaurant management team to meet sales and budget goals. Participates in local store marketing programs.
3. Monitors all tasks performed by employees to ensure compliance with Quality, Service & Cleanliness programs. Performs and monitors tasks in a manner to support store “Customer Courtesy” program.
4. Executes established cost control systems and manages food, labor, paper costs and other controllable expenses. Monitors and follows-up with employees on (i) proper food prep. amounts, procedures and execution, (ii) bin chart usage and other procedures to minimize food cost, and (iii) labor usage against sales reading. Trains, executes and monitors proper cash control procedures. Takes corrective action on these items when necessary.
5. Executes Company policies and procedures for the control of cash, property, product and equipment. Monitors inventory levels to ensure product supply and orders product as needed.
6. Ensures proper training on established systems. Follow-up after training to ensure compliance with Company standards. Coaches Crew Members or other employees to maximize performance execution and to follow all procedures.
7. Ensures and maintains proper execution of, and compliance with, Company policies and procedures.
8. Ensures and maintains safe working conditions by following safety, security and maintenance policies and procedures.
9. Performs other job related functions and duties as assigned or designated.
Knowledge and Ability
Ability to learn and apply Wendy’s standard operating procedures.
Ability to learn and apply Wendy’s Human Resources procedures.
Good supervisory practices – including but not limited to enforcing proper discipline (including use of written forms) for policy infractions, resolving disputes/complaints by employees and customers, and managing time and personnel.
Good interviewing and hiring capabilities.
Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local employment laws.
Ability to satisfactorily complete recommended corporate training programs including but not limited to: Crew Positional Training
Program, Wendy’s Management Institute, and Serve Safe Food Safety Certification.
Must be able to open and close a combination safe.
Must be able to be alone in a restaurant and keep control of a shift.
Provide proper adult supervision.
(1) At least 18 years of age, (2) a high school diploma or GED, and (3) one or more years of restaurant or supervisory experience.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
In order to satisfactorily execute and meet the above accountabilities, a manager must perform the duties onsite (typically 10+ hour days), in accordance with customary scheduling requirements including the ability to work many different shifts and perform open and closing duties in the event of absences. It may also be necessary to use a headset to take and fill orders, and take/give direction. Managers may also be required to transfer from one restaurant location to another as business needs dictate. Manager positions require bending, kneeling, lifting (several pounds), standing for long periods of time without a break, and the ability to travel to other restaurants, Corporate Office or for training/conferences.