Summary & Scope of Position:
Support manufacturing or development activities in support of multiple projects related to the INTERCEPT Blood System
- Execute experiments, as assigned, either independently or as a team member, including experiments to support R&D, design verification, and manufacturing validations.
- Prepare and manipulate various blood products, including plasma, platelets and red blood cells.
- Assist with protocol and report writing and creation of data capture sheets.
- Make observations, analyze data, and present results.
- Monitor reagents and supplies and order as necessary.
- Assist with creation of new performance test methods for adsorbent compounds and medical devices (spectrophotometric and physical testing).
- Maintain familiarity with current adsorbent and medical device performance test methods
- Document work in laboratory notebook or controlled document in an accurate and timely manner.
- Create labels, label tubes, and create sample collection forms.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent certification in a scientific discipline.
- Solid mathematics skills, including knowledge of computer software (Excel)
- Attention to detail and accuracy. Organized.
- Basic understanding of laboratory procedures, equipment and computerized data handling.
- Understanding of GLP/GMP requirements.
- Flexible; ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Team oriented.
- Good communication skills (encompasses verbal, written, interpersonal, listening)
- Time management skills (schedules, timelines, task prioritization)
See Job Description