Purchasing Supervisor at Henkel Corporation
Posted in Purchasing - Procurement 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Henkel Adhesive Technologies is a worldwide leader in bonding, sealing and surface treatments - thanks to our ambitious people. We create unique value for our clients and our technologies can be found in many objects touching our lives every day. Our success is built on constant innovation and people who strive for excellence. Working at Henkel is much more than just a job. It's a passion. Have you got what it takes?
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager of the Purchasing Team located at the Henkel Chemical Management (HCM) headquarters in Nashville, TN. The Purchasing Supervisor is a highly visible member of the HCM management team and assists in providing leadership and direction to the entire purchasing team; as well as having the direct responsibility and accountability to manage 4 to 6 buyers. HCM’s centralized Purchasing Team supports HCM customer and on-site personnel at over 100 manufacturing facilities. Henkel Chemical Management provides a full range of chemical products and on-site services to the aerospace, industrial, medical device, electronics and automotive industries.
What we offer
- High visibility position that will interact with all management levels and Henkel’s customers.
- Actively contributes to achieving all purchasing related goals and objectives as defined by Henkel and the customer.
- Cost Management – responsibility for negotiating “total cost of acquisition”.
- Tier Supplier Management - developing, evaluating, and qualifying the tier supply base
- Process Efficiencies - developing and expanding the department’s capabilities
- Quality Assurance - maintenance of HCM’s Quality certifications
- Customer Satisfaction - meeting performance metrics, assembling and publishing supporting documentation, preparing management and customer reports, facilitating data collection on commodity trends, new products, new environmental policies, etc.
- Coaches and mentors team members, sets individual and team goals/standards, and provides status on achievement and performance.
Who we are looking for
- Bachelors degree or related experience
- 4 years of purchasing supervision experience preferred, with minimum 2 years in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience negotiating supply contracts/agreements
- Documented track record of purchasing cost savings
- Proven experience supporting ISO 9001 and AS9120 certified purchasing policies/procedures.
- Chemical knowledge in a manufacturing or equivalent environment preferred.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact effectively across all levels.
- Must be highly motivated with demonstrated leadership skills.
Apply online if this sounds like your next challenge. Refer to the job ID mentioned above and get one step closer to starting your new job at Henkel.
Discover our winning culture: www.henkel.com/career