at Georgia- Pacific
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Emporia, Virginia
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Headquartered at Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world’s leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 30,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North and South America. Georgia-Pacific creates long-term value by using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible and economically sound. Georgia-Pacific is an independently managed and operated company of Koch Industries, Inc., a private company headquartered in Wichita, Kansas. Georgia-Pacific is currently recruiting for a Reliability Engineer for its Emporia Plywood Mill in Emporia, Va.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
The Reliability Engineer is responsible for leading and supporting reliability within the operation. The engineer will be a technical resource that provides and shares expertise of equipment, options to improve maintenance and operating practices, and opportunities to advance use of technology. This role will be responsible for managing numerous reliability improvement initiatives and projects to achieve desired results. The role will actively interface with all levels of the organization within the facility and groups outside the facility
What You Will Need:
Knowledge - Skills - Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or in a related engineering discipline
- Minimum of 3 years equipment and/or manufacturing systems reliability experience
- Certification as a Maintenance Reliability Professional is preferred
- Must have experience in leading improvement efforts in Maintenance Reliability, Predictive and Preventive Maintenance, and have experience routinely utilizing Root Cause Analysis or other similar problem solving tools.
- Must be able and willing to work in a plywood manufacturing plant environment, including extended periods of time in noisy, non-air conditioned or unheated areas.
- Must be able and willing to work safely, including wearing and using appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Intermediate or higher level proficiency with MS Word and Excel. PowerPoint proficiency is a plus.
- Ability to apply and teach Reliability Centered Maintenance concepts, and effectively conduct training throughout all departments of the mill to advance overall knowledge of reliability
- A broad knowledge of mechanical and electrical machinery, including conveyer systems, breakers, boilers, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, etc.
- Knowledge of computer systems and the ability to learn new complex applications
- Effective oral and written communications skills that support collaborative teamwork, and the ability to influence others
- Proven analytical and field troubleshooting skills
- Must enjoy creating value, be results focused, and have strong decision-making and organizational skills
- Be able to work independently and manage multiple tasks
- Continued education in reliability applications, practices and management is a plus
- Must be able to lead and mentor craftsmen, operations and leadership in the value received by following reliability tools and precision maintenance practices
- May be some travel involved
What Will Put You Ahead?
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.