Product Support Specialist
at Hearst Technology
Posted in Science 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Join the Hearst team as a Product Support Specialist working on the MediaOS Platform. MediaOS is a corporate-wide digital publishing platform powered by data-driven tools. The platform is designed to help digital editors achieve their goals more efficiently and effectively, and publish to an audience of millions of across our digital brands including Esquire, Cosmopolitan, ELLE and many more. The MediaOS platform is a cross-divisional platform, also in operation within the Hearst Television group with digital properties including WESH in Orlando, WCVB in Boston and other top media brands.
The MediaOS Product Support Specialist is the primary point of contact for end user support, bug reporting and emergency notification for the MediaOS platform. This role will be responsible for interfacing directly with digital editorial and production users, fielding end user queries, resolving usability issues and diagnosing system bugs based on user feedback as well as escalating these issues to Product when required. The Product Support Specialist is also expected to be highly familiar with the MediaOS and digital editorial processes across the organization in order to prioritize and troubleshoot user issues and escalate appropriately if required.
This role will also be responsible for proactively monitoring user support issues to identify patterns—including recurring questions about functionality or documentation—and interfacing with the Training and Product teams to develop platform enhancements to address their root cause(s). They will also assist in facilitating end-user training during MediaOS rollouts and initial end user on-boarding as well as in planning, executing and deploying future MediaOS functionality and projects.
- Primary contact for MediaOS day-to-day end user support with an in-depth knowledge of the MediaOS products and end user functionality.
- Troubleshoot and resolve MediaOS end user issues related to functionality, while maintaining Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for end user support; escalating to the appropriate team if needed (e.g. to Product team, Training, etc.).
- Responsible for MediaOS day-to-day end user communication (requests for improvements, updates, issue resolution, help communicate changes, etc.).
- Document and track all end-user issues.
- Generate and distribute regular incident/support reports.
- Proactively identify user support patterns or trends and issues, and report these to other teams, such as Training or the divisional Product teams, so these can be incorporated into plans to improve end user support and the user experience.
- Maintain a knowledgebase for the MediaOS Product Support team.
- Assist with recommending system updates and enhancements.
- Provide suggestions and execute on support process improvements and requirements.
- Collaborate with end-users, product teams and the governance committee to track, enhance and maintain metrics on MediaOS usage.
- Assist in onboarding additional sites and users.
- Perform user setup and testing as part of the rollout plan to on-board additional sites, according to the project plan and rollout schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS)
- Prior experience with digital publishing and/or digital publishing platforms.
- Experience (new college graduates will be considered) with Content Management Systems (CMS), Online Video Platforms (OVP), and/or other digital publishing platforms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates professionalism and ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels of the organization, including editorial, business and technical teams effectively.
- Strong analytical, strategic thinking and problem solving skills.
- Highly organized and driven with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
- Prior Product, Quality Analyst and/or support experience highly desired.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.