Planner/Scheduler, Quality Control Lab Operations at Lonza Walkersville, Inc.
Posted in Science 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Walkersville, Maryland
At Lonza, we invest in great people. We encourage our employees to challenge themselves and we offer an environment that fosters creativity and success. Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, we operate production, R&D, and business sites around the world, including Europe, North America, and Asia.
We strive to be the leading supplier using science and technology to improve the quality of life.
We work with passion, using advanced technologies, to transform life science into new possibilities for our customers.
Do you want to help us as we shape the future of this great organization?
Job Description SummaryRole Purpose: Responsible for supporting the Quality Control (QC) department by maintaining schedule of upcoming work based on production plans, stability schedules, and project/investigation timelines. Monitors resource capacity and provides feedback to QC management and production planners.
Primary Accountabilities, Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews project/investigation, production, and stability schedules for multiple business units and translates information into forecast of anticipated test samples/labor. Provides real-time updates to QC management on schedule changes.
- Develops and maintains a tool for monitoring QC resource capacity. Provides feedback to QC management and production planners when capacity constraints exist.
- Works with QC management/SMEs to determine site project needs and incorporates into schedule and resource capacity model.
- Monitors and reports department metrics such as Work-In-Progress (WIP), Overdue Tests, and # of STAT samples.
- Cross trains on QC Sample Receipt/Stability Admin activities and provides backup support as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or other related field
- High school diploma with 3+ years of planning and scheduling experience in the life sciences industry
- Knowledge of ERP/ MRP (materials requirements planning) Systems, APICS certification helpful
- Experience and knowledge of SAP a plus.
- Familiarity with Quality Control environment preferred
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheets, databases, and word processing software
- Exercises judgment based on practice and precedence.
- Able to prioritize work with input from supervisor. Makes good use of time.
- Works together with supervisor to identify timelines for assigned tasks.
- Communicates verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner.
- Uses tact and diplomacy when communicating with others.
- Dependable and able to work well within a team.
- Demonstrated understanding and consideration of others. Supportive of others' attempts at improvement.
- Displays self-confidence and ability to work independently
- Is optimistic and displays a positive attitude even during periods of adversity.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Lonza. The place to Go, Stay and Grow.