Manager Business Intelligence
at Webster Bank
Posted in Banking 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by CareerBuilder
Location: New Britain, Connecticut
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
I. POSITION SUMMARY
The Manager Business Intelligence will report to the Director of Enterprise Information Management and will be responsible for the Full Business Intelligence (BI) Lifecycle from requirements gathering to implementation of best in class centralized and self -- service BI solutions. This position owns the BI roadmap, vets various BI tools and technologies, both internal and external, to decide on the best combination based on business needs. This includes architecting scalable, intuitive, high availability Business Intelligence solutions in conjunction with Webster's Data Management strategies, goals, and solutions. Build and deploy all programs to support BI Self-Service for various business processes. Managing a team of Centralized data delivery IT developers who create solutions for the Enterprise. This position will play a key role in the transition from traditional reporting to a more dynamic, on demand Self Service environment ensuring a foundation to deliver information to internal consumers at all levels in the organization. The Manager of Business Intelligence consults with and presents to the Leadership Teams and Department Managers to determine ways to support the strategic plan, improve business processes, and effectively manage business objectives through data analysis and reporting.
II. MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
1. Business Intelligence (BI) Roadmap development and adoption
2. Self-Service BI processes and adoption
3. BI database design
4. Management of Development teams
5. Management of groups work queues
6. Production Support of centralized processes
7. BI architecture
III. EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Strong project management and client relationship skills
- Prior management and direct supervisory experience in a team environment
- Self-starter and can operate independently as needed
- Creative and logical problem-solving abilities
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and team building skills
- Mentoring and people development capabilities
- Advanced listening skills and written and verbal communications
- Organization and time management expertise
- Experience working with business stakeholders to translate business issues into technology solutions and vice versa
- Experience with either Master or Meta Data repositories a plus
- Experience in Data Governance a plus
PREFERRED TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Prior experience working in the Business Intelligence domain
- Experience with any major ETL vendor, such as SSIS, Informatica, Data Stage, etc.
- Experience designing and implementing data models for applications or reporting
- 7+ years working with SQL including intermediate to advanced knowledge on DML / DDL
- Experience with any of the major Business Intelligence reporting tools, such as BusinessOjbects, Hyperion, Cognos, Microstrategy, Tableau, QlikView, MS Power BI or SSRS
- Experience working within a Oracle ,Microsoft SQL Server, or other major database management systems
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.