Sr. Corporate Counsel at Valassis Digital, Inc
Posted in Legal 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Francisco, California
Valassis is a leader in intelligent media delivery, providing over 15,000 advertisers proven and innovative media solutions to influence consumers wherever they plan, shop, buy and share. By integrating online and offline data combined with powerful insights, Valassis precisely targets its clients’ most valuable shoppers, offering unparalleled reach and scale. We continue to harness the innovative, entrepreneurial spirit on which this $2.3 billion company was built in 1970.
Senior Corporate Counsel
The Senior Corporate Counsel will report directly to the Chief Legal Officer of Valassis, with dotted line reporting to the President of Valassis Digital. The Senior Corporate Counsel will provide legal advice and counsel regarding legal matters affecting the Valassis Digital business. Role is based in San Francisco, California.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
• Provide legal advice and counsel on varied commercial matters such as strategic partnerships and alliances, new product and channel distribution initiatives, software licensing, data and privacy, antitrust concerns, and regulatory matters.
• Draft various legal documents in connection with the operation of the business, including but not limited to, customer agreements, SOWs, vendor agreements, standard IAB terms, data licenses, and leases.
• Assist on commercial transactions including the acquisition and disposition of businesses and major assets.
• Assist in the management of litigation filed by or against the company.
• Assist in the filing and management of intellectual property, including patent related matters owned by the company.
• Assist in the preparation of documents and advice to management on corporate rights and responsibilities, especially in the area of corporate governance and compliance.
Education & Knowledge Required
• Bachelor's degree
• Law degree from accredited law school or its equivalent
• Actively qualified to practice law in a North American jurisdiction (a California law license is preferred).
Experience / Skills / Abilities Required
• 7+ years of current and continuing commercial law experience in a law firm and/or in-house legal department
• Digital and Adtech legal experience is required, including familiarity with Internet Ad Bureau (IAB) Standards, as are strong drafting and negotiation skills.
• Ability to relate to and partner with senior general managers and to assess, prioritize, and meet their requirements as clients
• Offers creative solutions and options to facilitate successful business and customer partnerships
• Ability to quickly understand and balance business and legal needs
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written, are required
• International (UK) experience a plus
Harland Clarke Holdings, to include its affiliated and subsidiary companies (Harland Clarke, Valassis, Scantron, NCP Solutions, NCH Marketing Services, Clipper Magazine), is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants who have disabilities may request that accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process by contacting our Recruiting Coordinator at .