Senior C/C++ Embedded Software Engineer - Chandler, AZ at Garmin International
Posted in Software 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chandler, Arizona
As a leading worldwide provider of navigation devices and wearable technology, our focus is on developing, designing and supporting superior products. Our advanced technology promotes performance, safety and ease of use in every market we serve. That makes us an engineering and technology company with a keen focus on recruiting talent in those fields. But the same vertical integration business model that keeps all design and manufacturing processes in-house also gives us the incentive to hire top performers from different backgrounds, including operations, finance and accounting, information technology, sales, marketing and communications.
Garmin's office in Chandler, AZ was just awarded the "Large Business of the Year!" Come join us: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqg0thtatCE
We are looking for a full time Senior Software Engineer who is interested in working in providing technical leadership and project planning for software development for products, applications, or systems new to Garmin at our office in Chandler, AZ. Openings are on our Aviation Software team and our Automotive OEM team. In this role, you’ll also be responsible for serving in a leadership capacity for carrying out software development in C or C++, or other selected languages for new products and applications. Other essential functions include:
- Researches fundamental problems and implements algorithm solutions that are appropriate
- Balances quality, quantity and complexity in work output
- Offers peer technical assessments in areas of expertise, new technologies and software designs
- Assist design engineering as needed with component datasheet review and schematic design review
- May partner with electrical engineering or process manufacturer to turn on new processors
- May work with software vendors to integrate externally developed deliverables into project
- Evaluates new technologies as they apply to existing functions
Qualified candidates for this role will possess a Master of Science Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Math or Physics or another relevant engineering/technical field AND a minimum of 3 years relevant experience OR Bachelor of Science Degree in any of the fields noted above AND a minimum of 5 year relevant experience OR an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience with a cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.0. Candidates will also demonstrate proficiency with designing architecture software systems and modules that support new technology or improve capability/performance of existing functionality and competence with researching fundamental problems and implementing appropriate algorithmic solutions. Demonstrated ability to serve as a lead software engineer for a complex software project and the ability to decompose functional requirements into well-defined tasks while balancing quality, quantity and complexity in work output are also required. Other requirements include:
- Demonstrated capability to offer peer technical assessments in areas of expertise, new technologies and software designs
- Must possess proficiency in writing software in C or C++ (embedded programming is a plus)
- Must possess relevant experience and/or training in data structures or object oriented design methodology relevant to Garmin’s business needs
- Must possess relevant education and/or experience in software design, development and maintenance, as required for the successful performance of the essential functions of the position
Our benefits are designed to lead an evolving marketplace, support innovation and encourage a healthy balance between work and life. They allow our associates to make their own decisions about their wellbeing and future and consistently rank Garmin as a top tier benefits provider when compared to other high-tech employers. We offer a choice of high value medical, dental and vision plans with low or no premiums, to fit your and your family’s preferences. In addition, Garmin’s financial benefits include a generous 401K retirement plan that provides 5% of pay base contribution plus a match of 75 cents for every dollar you contribute to a maximum of 10% of your compensation. The employee stock purchase plan allows for shares to be bought at a 15% discount. Garmin offers many other benefits and perks ranging from wellbeing initiatives, educational assistance and career development, community charity support, and employee discounts just to name a few.