Line Cook I
at Sonesta International Hotels Corporation
Posted in Restaurant - Food Service 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Miami, Florida
Job Description Summary
Prepares all food items while giving attention to cleanliness and sanitation, quality standards, taste, timeliness, and cost effectiveness with respect for fellow cooks and the hotel environment.
Principle duties and responsibilities (Essential Functions) include:
- Key Job Functions
- Responsible for full set up and preparation of hot food items for restaurants.
- Assists Restaurant Chef with organization and sanitation of main kitchen including walk-ins & freezers.
- Control quality and consistency of all food served.
- Insure that station or relevant prep list is set in a timely manner.
- Assists in controlling food costs.
- Demonstrates knowledge of all food items produced by an assigned station.
- Handles and stores food properly and safely.
- Produce all orders consistently, quickly, an in accordance with established quality standards.
- Demonstrates safe and competent use of all tools: knives, pots, pans, stoves, ovens, grills, slickers, steamers, etc.
- Demonstrates knowledge of all basic techniques: sauté, braise, poach, grill poele, fry, steam, etc.
- Helps assist in other areas of kitchen when not busy.
- Deliver Passionate & Engaging Service to our Guests
- You will be passionate and truly engaged in taking care of our guests, recognizing individual guests and anticipating their unique needs in order to exceed their expectations
- You will consistently deliver our GUEST model:
Greet or welcome everyone, warmly with a smile
Use eye and ear contact and guest’s name
Solve and own all requests/complaints
- Build solid relationship with your Colleagues
- Treat colleagues with respect and dignity
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned. The employee is expected to work in other areas of the hotel when needed to assist operations to perform job duties not necessarily contained in this job description.
Qualifications and Skills
A candidate for this position must possess the following applicable knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to demonstrate and provide applicable examples to support his/her competency.
- Relevant experience in restaurant or hotel food preparation. Culinary degree or sufficient related experience.
- Track record of delivering exceptional guest or client experience
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time for training and safety purposes, and when interacting with guests and associates.
- Strong communication skills
- Appropriate professional appearance and demeanor
- Frequently standing up and moving about the facility.
- Frequently bending, climbing, kneeling, and moving about the facility.
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 75 pounds and pushing/pulling up to approximately 300 pounds.
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
- Health Benefits (Health & Dental Insurance)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Sonesta Hotels & Other Outlets Discounts
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Days
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Newborn & Adopted Child Leave
- Spousal & Domestic Partner Leave
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Credit Union
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Activities & Events
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete applications received will not be considered.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.