Food & Beverage Internship
at Sonesta International Hotels Corporation
Posted in Restaurant - Food Service 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
Job Description Summary
Food and Beverage includes Restaurant Host/Hostess, Dining Room Server, Dining Room Attendant, In-Room Dining Attendant, Banquet Server, Banquet Bartender, Banquet Houseperson, Bartender, Cocktail Server, Service Bartender, Bar Back, Poolside Server, and Snack Bar Attendant. Supervised on-the-job training program, which typically involves a student rotating through a variety of jobs in different departments to learn all aspects of operating and managing a hospitality operation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- The internship must be closely related to the student’s major area of study and career objectives.
- The internship experience is designed to provide practical experiences in a professional work environment.
- It is anticipated that the internship will provide breadth of experience for the student.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Student currently enrolled in a hospitality program at an accredited college or university
- Frequently standing and walking
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 25lbs
- Handling objects
- Demonstrate ability to apply academic theory to the job situation through practical application.
- Follow all rules of protocol in effect in the field setting.
- Accept responsibility for professional conduct as indicated by courtesy and consideration of those encountered in the work situation, promptness in keeping appointments, completing assigned tasks, and positive attitude toward all activities required by the job situation.
- Exemplify ethical professional behavior evidenced by positive working relationships with all personnel, moral actions, and attention to confidentiality requirements.
- Participate effectively in-group problem-solving processes demonstrated by direct involvement.
- Transfer academic theory to the practical job situation, recognizing strengths and areas of improvement of the academic preparation.
- Demonstrate creativity in theory application during the internship.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often.
- Basic math skills are used frequently.
- May be required to intern nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
- Health Benefits (Health & Dental Insurance)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Sonesta Hotels & Other Outlets Discounts
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Days
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Newborn & Adopted Child Leave
- Spousal & Domestic Partner Leave
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Credit Union
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Activities & Events
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete applications received will not be considered.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.