New Business Underwriter at Chubb
Posted in Insurance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Whitehouse Station, New Jersey
The Eastern Underwriting Center (EUC) is currently seeking a Commercial Production Underwriter to join the Commercial Insurance New Business Solutions team. This Production Underwriter position, located in Whitehouse Station, NJ, is a high-impact role that is 100% focused on and accountable for the underwriting Lower Middle Market new business written by the EUC through multiple submission channels.
The Production Underwriter will work collaboratively across all EUC departments and with aligned EUC branches in the Northeast, New York, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, and Midwest Regions to leverage our capabilities and relationships to achieve budgeted commercial growth targets. Consequently, the position requires a candidate with both strong underwriting acumen and relationship building competencies in order to interact with all levels of customers and business stakeholders – internally and externally.
The person holding this position will be accountable for reviewing submissions from multiple channels, qualifying those submissions, and ultimately underwriting and quoting the business. Premium sizes vary but the majority are $5,000 to $75,000 per account.
- Production of New Business Revenues through multiple submission sources including but not limited to Lower Middle Market On-line Platform.
- Multi-Line underwriting including Package, Auto, Workers Compensation, Umbrella, International, and Errors & Omissions.
- Travel as needed and work closely with our Lower Middle Market Champions to educate producers on the Lower Middle Market Platform to foster revenue growth.
- Reporting and trend analysis for individual new revenue production efforts.
- Maintain and manage superior relationships at all levels – internal and external.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Given the breadth of opportunities and exposures across multiple disciplines, the preferred candidate for this Production Underwriting position must have a good working knowledge of, or experience in, underwriting Commercial, Technology, Life Sciences or Financial Institutions risks. Our preferred candidate should have 2 to 3 years of experience and authority within at least one of the referenced disciplines, coupled with a proven ability to drive profitable revenue growth. In addition, the following skills are required:
- Demonstrated record of teamwork and integrity in building and sustaining internal and external relationships to achieve planned outcome.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Underwriting acumen and proven ability to use technical, analytical and underwriting decision making skills to effectively and profitably grow our premium base.
- Documented success in driving business results through producer and sales management skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills to ensure a clear, consistent message to customers including internal and external customers.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Commercial lines underwriting experience
- New Business underwriting and generation experience preferred