Financial Lines/P&C Cross-sell Underwriter at Chubb
Posted in Insurance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Whitehouse Station, New Jersey
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
Chubb is seeking candidates for a Financial Lines underwriting position embedded in our P&C underwriting center in Whitehouse Station, NJ. The ideal candidate will have experience independently underwriting private and not-for-profit management liability lines, including D&O, EPL, Fiduciary and Crime. Experience marketing and/or underwriting Cyber and Professional Liability is a plus. Basic understanding of P&C coverage, exposures and appetite also a plus.
The Financial Lines/P&C Cross-sell underwriter will be dually accountable to the P&C Underwriting Center, where they will operate as part of the team, and the Financial Lines Division, specifically the Simsbury New Business Service team, from which the underwriter will receive technical guidance and authority.
The underwriter’s primary responsibilities will include:
- Generating leads and writing profitable PNP and/or Cyber /E&O new business by demonstration of the following underwriting skills:
- Fundamentals of coverage, terms and conditions which generate a profit for the Company while meeting the needs of the customer.
- Proper risk selection techniques based on special or common hazards, assessment of controls, ability to analyze claims and quantify losses.
- Financial proficiency. Understanding of financial statements and ratios used in risk analysis. Understanding of insurance financial fundamentals; impact of underwriting decisions on company assets. Ability to understand credit risk.
- Developing and implementing strategies and processes to strategically identify and win new business opportunities by cross-selling from a portfolio of existing P&C clients
- Collaborating with P&C center and Financial Lines branch underwriters:
- To effectively manage agency relationships from opportunity identification to binding
- To establish credibility with P&C-focused agents through education and service
- Educating P&C underwriters on basic PNP and Financial Lines appetite to engage them in helping to solicit new business opportunities.
- Works effectively in a collaborative team environment while still operating somewhat independently.
- Demonstrates financial and analytical skills with the proven ability to make expedient and sound decisions.
- Strong track record in delivering timely quality service to internal and external customers.
- Demonstrates success in negotiations and building collaborative relationships.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Strong marketing and presentation skills.
· Goal oriented and results driven; will take initiative to achieve business results.
· Ability to gather and analyze information to determine risk acceptability.
· Strong analytical skills required with the proven ability to make expedient and sound decisions.
· Ability to sell and negotiate to achieve bottom line profitability and growth
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.