Commercial Motor Vehicle Mechanic/Technician Truck - 8221
Posted in Automotive 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Morenci, Arizona
Requisition #: 8221
Shift : 1
Start Time : TBD
End Time : TBD
Schedule Days : 7 days on - 7 days off
Schedule Hours: TBD - 12 hour work days
Position Status: Full Time (40 hrs week)
Maintain knowledge of On-Highway truck brands for diesel, electrical, air, electronic, hydraulic, mechanical, and pneumatic systems and their components. Provide service, diagnostics, troubleshooting, and repair for malfunctions and/or failures of key systems and components. Evaluate for root cause failures through the use of electronic tools, failure analysis, and schematics. Demonstrate proper communication methods to effectively explain equipment, condition, status, recommendations to customers, associates, and management. Maintain Commercial Driver’s License (CDL). Preferred 2-3 years' experience in bumper to bumper troubleshooting and repairing On-Highway Trucks. (Scheduled hours 6:00am - 6:00pm 7 days on and 7 days off).
- Maintain mid to extensive working knowledge of Caterpillar, Empire Allied machinery, as well as other On-Highway manufacturer component functions. This will include but is not limited to; hydraulic, fuel, brakes, power train, air, and diesel engine systems.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment malfunctions and failures.
- Repair, recondition, and maintain equipment and components.
- Maintain good customer relations and support for corporate marketing objectives.
- Maintain company equipment – keep in good clean orderly condition and report deficiencies to supervisors.
- Complete related paperwork and access databases;(work order, WIP, JSA, DBS, SIMS, SIS-Web, STW) required to complete jobs of Fuso and other On-Highway truck and trailer manufacturers, accurately and timely.
- Maintain ability and experience to perform Federally Required DOT Annual Truck and Trailer inspections. Accurately complete required annual documentation. Education/ experience required by as defined by FMCSR 396.19
- Work safely at all times. Adhere to all applicable safety policies. Comply with all company policies, procedures and standards.
- Own and maintain required personal tools.
- Maintain current MSHA card if work area requires.
- Provide on-the-job training to technicians and helpers as assigned.
- Travel to remote locations and work overtime as needed.
- Make warranty recommendations.
- Communicate with proper individuals to clarify instructions or discuss scope or progress of job.
- Follow contamination control and HAZMAT rules and regulations.
- Complete all assigned Web based training as described/ required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Review required daily inspections of commercial motor vehicles. Complete repairs of deficiencies determined to affect safety related items, according the FMCSR’s.
- Maintain compliance with DOT Hours of Service regulations.
- Must accomplish training and serve as a Green Belt in support of Empire's Six Sigma program.
- Work within and promote corporate values.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Able to effectively communicate verbally and written instructions and information to associates, clients and management regarding vehicle/component/equipment conditions, problems, recommendations, and repair processes.
- Basic computer and internet knowledge is required.
- Knowledge and skills to operate and understand scanning and diagnostic equipment including computerized instrumentation.
- Appropriate manner, conduct, and grooming to adhere to company policy.
- Ability to work cooperatively.
- Learn and use Empire, Caterpillar, FUSO, Allied products, as well as other On-Highway Manufacturer databases, procedures and systems to diagnose, repair, and order parts.
- Valid Commercial driver’s license.
- Ability to keep a clean driving record found to be acceptable by FMCSR standards, and Empire Insurance requirements.
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable safety policies and use of all required safety equipment.
- Must have acceptable attendance to meet all company standards and requirements.
Education and Experience:
- Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Current commercial driver’s license required.
- Complete all DOT required training.
- Minimum of 6 months related experience.
- Completion of TRAIN test evaluation.
- Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write) in English.
- Air Brake inspection course or experience equivalent to perform air brake inspections as defined/ required by FMCSR 396.25.
- Able to complete annual certifications of On-Highway commercial vehicles either by education or experience equivalent as defined/ required by FMCSR 396.19.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, have hand and finger dexterity, speak and/ or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop and kneel.
- The employee is regularly required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, and peripheral vision.
- This position is designated as a "Safety-Sensitive Position". A Safety-Sensitive Position includes tasks or duties that EMPIRE in good faith believes could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; and outside weather conditions.
- The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. The roles and objectives of this job do not include setting corporate policy, and does not constitute a managing agent of the company.
Empire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call 480-633-5440 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Empire Southwest is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
Safety - Respect - Integrity - Teamwork - Excellence - Stewardship - Astonishment
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.