Temporary Contract Specialist (Potential Temp to Perm) at Realogy Franchise Group LLC
Posted in Legal Admin 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Madison, New Jersey
Realogy Holdings Corp. is a global leader in residential real estate franchising and brokerage with many of the best-known industry brands including Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate, CENTURY 21®, Coldwell Banker®, Coldwell Banker Commercial®, The Corcoran Group®, ERA®, Sotheby's International Realty® and ZipRealty®. Collectively, Realogy's franchise system members operate approximately 14,450 offices with more than 286,500 independent sales associates conducting business in 114 countries and territories around the world.
This position is a potential temporary to permanent role. The Contract Specialist is responsible for the full life-cycle contract maintenance processes associated with the administration of franchise agreements, amendments, renewals, and terminations within an assigned business group in the Realogy Franchise Group (RFG). This position will also lead the efforts in supporting the processes, procedures and accountability standards associated with the preparation, execution, and ongoing maintenance of franchise agreements and amendments. The successful candidate will be a sharp, energetic, organized, and focused individual who is motivated to get results – one who possesses the highest levels of integrity at all times.
The key objectives and challenges of this position will include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for drafting and maintaining contract administration documentation and all documents throughout the life-cycle of the franchise relationship including the assessment of a potential candidate, drafting and compiling terms and conditions, and routine change management activities such as amendments, consolidations, and renewal agreements. The contract specialist must possess the ability to work with customers (franchisees, brand representatives, franchise sales), finance, and the legal department to effectively negotiate and memorialize complex deal terms.
• Responsible for accurately preparing, analyzing, distributing, and updating Franchise Review Committee documentation mapping, reports, agenda, minutes, correspondence letters and ancillary materials.
• Responsible for upholding compliance by identifying, researching, and analyzing data related to potential violations of brand’s policies and procedures and abuse of company’s intellectual property.
• Key participant in renewals working with brand representatives to establish renewal strategies using assembled account information.
• Upholds strict adherence to policies and procedures, ensuring required documentation, reviews, and approvals are obtained.
This position is the first line of professional and courteous communication between company and its customers/franchisees on a variety of complex substantive and process issues. Works closely with the franchisees, brand representatives, franchise sales, finance and legal to negotiate and resolve issues. The ideal Contract Specialist will:
- Have key knowledge resource for both our internal and external client base possessing a full understanding of our franchise agreement, associated addenda, and processes/systems.
- Prioritize and manage activities effectively to meet commitments and schedules; consistently meeting deadlines.
- Have diligent follow through on pending tasks.
- “Own” the Microsoft CRM case concept for each deal type new sale, renewal, and all other contractual change types and is responsible for ensuring that each deal meets detailed requirements through point of completion.
- Respond to customer’s priority needs for service and support; ensuring individual customer needs are met; seeking customer feedback; and determining and initiating appropriate course of action. Respond to requests for information, documents, and status of file/matter in timely manner.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating franchisee information in appropriate systems, including activity and exception reporting. The contract specialist must complete the 1st level review of all financially impactful fields reducing our risk of error; this requires interpretation of deal contractual provisions and evaluation of system requirements.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience preparing legal documents
- Excellent customer service skills
- Paralegal Certificate preferred
- Proven analytical and research skills
- Strong time management, planning and organization skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and maintain calendar/tickler system
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and act with a sense of urgency
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, especially via telephone
- Strong PC skills, including experience using MS Office, MS Outlook and MS Browsers
- Detail oriented with a strong commitment to excellence
- A background in franchising, familiarity with contract administration activities, real estate, and good analytical skills will enhance your credentials.
- B.S./B.A. Business Administration, Operations, or related discipline preferred
To learn more about Realogy and the accomplishments of our brands, logon to www.realogy.com.
Realogy Holdings Corp and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer.