at MVM, Inc.
Posted in Police/Fire/Emergency 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Bethesda, Maryland
LOCATION: Bethesda, MD
DURATION: Part Time
TRAVEL: Up to 100%
SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday, 5:00 AM - 11:00 AM
MVM, Inc. is looking for a qualified Captain/Senior Security Supervisor to ensure the protection of NIH property and employees twenty-four (24) hours a day, 365 days a year, in a structured regimen, with emergency response capabilities. The ideal candidate is professional, sharp, and proactive. The Captain position requires a strong communicator with the ability to respond quickly to any situation during the course of duty, while scheduling, leading, and training staff Lieutenants.
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate excellent client communication and customer service skills and also be capable of working in a multi-disciplined team environment in a very fast paced and competitive environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In order to accomplish the required functions associated with this position, the Captain shall perform the duties detailed below in accordance with MVM’s policies and procedures as well as MVM’s and our client’s standard operating procedures, emergency/contingency plans, and the contract.
- Directly supervises assigned Officers and/or Lieutenants on assigned shift
- Conduct security patrols as directed
- Conduct access control functions as directed
- Post familiarization, facility entry control, campus entry control, personnel/vehicle inspection processes
- Knowledge of lost and found property and controlled property procedures
- Produce and maintain security related documents, reports, forms and logs as directed
Minimum Qualifications & Skills:
- A High School diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (G.E.D) from an accredited institution recognized by U.S. Department of Education;
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience as a supervisor in the security/law-enforcement/military field whose duties and responsibilities included security and safety (including fire) training, initiating disciplinary actions and preparing written reports and documents.
- United States Citizen;
- Must be 21 years of age (may be waived for military personnel)
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written;
- Demonstrable working knowledge of supervisory and managerial principles;
- Proven ability to work efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision and direction
- Able to use and work on MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Applicants selected may be subjected to a Government background investigation and may be required to meet the following conditions of employment:
- A favorable credit check for all cleared positions
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Successfully passing a background investigation
- Successfully passing a medical and drug screen
MVM offers a competitive benefits package, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
Due to the high volume of applications received, the Recruiting Department will contact you directly, should you be selected to advance in our recruitment process.
For more information about the company please visit our website at www.mvminc.com
MVM is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.