Digital Communications/Social Media Specialist at Thales USA
Posted in Art 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Arlington, Virginia
In the U.S., we employ more than 3,000 people across more than 20 locations in 13 states. We are a leading technology provider serving five mission-critical markets: aerospace, defense, security, space and transportation. Globally, we employ more than 62,000 people in 56 countries allowing us to design and deploy equipment, systems and services to meet the demands of some of the most complex environments on the planet.
We are currently looking for a Digital Communications/Social Media Specialist to join the Thales USA team in Arlington, VA.
The Digital Communications/Social Media Specialist will develop original branded communications for use across various channels including company website, leadership presentations and external communications, press releases, intranet and social media outlets.
The Digital Communications/Social Media Specialist will be responsible for developing, implementing and managing social media and website activities, writing short and feature length stories, and ensuring web content is accurate, up-to-date and strategically aligned with Thales communications.
This position will work in close collaboration with the Manager of Brand and External Communications and the Thales North America Communications team to conceptualize, write, and execute digital and social media communications campaigns.
The Digital Communications/Social Media Specialist will also:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive social media strategy.
- Develop brand awareness for Thales North America capabilities in social media channels and generate inbound traffic.
- Provide analysis on the use and effectiveness of social media, web strategies, and other communications.
- Act as brand journalist across North America seeking leads to create relevant stories and content on website and social media platforms that identify, engage and activate audiences.
- Generate relevant content for all social platforms, a skilled writer with an expert grasp of social media, SEO, and handle on limited graphic design.
- Write short and feature stories for websites and digital magazines and press releases as in alignment with communication objectives.
- Maintain a Thales internal editorial calendar of events that is aligned with the overall content marketing strategy, ensuring events are covered.
- Maintain, edit, and add content to Thales North America websites (USA and Canada).
- Provide guidance and support to Thales North America businesses to help develop their social media strategies.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism or Marketing or an equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
- At least 2 years of experience producing multimedia content and managing and analyzing metrics
- At least 1 year of experience managing social media campaigns
- At least 2 years of experience writing blog and feature stories for web and/or print
Skills / Abilities
- Must have an In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media channels and their audiences to develop targeted messages
- Effective interpersonal skills, must be able to establish and maintain relationships with external and internal audiences
- Headline-writing and caption writing skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Must be able to handle multiple projects
- Professional understanding of platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube and other emerging channels
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Associated Press editorial style
Are you ready to be part a part of something big? If your skills, experience and attitude are a match and you’re looking for an exciting challenge, please apply now using the link below and we will be in touch.
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.