3M HIS Healthcare Consultant (Troy, NY) at 3M
Posted in Consultant 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Albany, New York
3M is seeking a Healthcare Consultant for the Health Information Systems Division located in Albany, NY, Overland Park, KS, Denver, CO, Murray, UT, or our Atlanta, GA office.
3M Health Information Systems (HIS) is the world leader for innovating the language of health and delivers comprehensive software and consulting services. Working at 3M Health Information Systems you will be helping with today’s challenges, while preparing for tomorrow’s. Transforming health care from a system that treats disease, to a system that improves health and wellness begins with accurate health information and payment. From improving efficiency of medical records coding, to outlining success in value-based care and health care analytics. All while working with the best and the brightest to advance more than your own career, you are working to advance the entire world.
Job Summary/Visionary statement:
The Consultant is a key team member of the 3M Population and Payment Solutions (PPS) Consulting and Analytics team. The person in this position is responsible for the successful implementation of 3M Heath Information Systems (HIS) products and services and serves as the lead subject matter expert in 3M tools and methodologies designed to assist healthcare payers, providers and government clients in managing costs and improving healthcare quality and outcomes.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
The Consultant is the subject matter expert for 3M HIS products, policies, and methodologies that support the payment, population health, and value-based care initiatives of payer, provider, and government clients. This person is responsible for the development of strategic goals with clients and is accountable for ongoing consulting services that ensure the high quality implementation and delivery of 3M HIS products and services. Responsibilities include:
- Lead on-site strategy and training sessions that supports clients in managing costs and improving healthcare quality and outcomes.
- Educate and train clients and internal users in the use of 3M HIS classification products.
- Develop policies and business requirements for the client and assist in converting to technical specifications.
- Oversee data analytic activities, review reports and develop analyses for presentation to team members and clients.
- Provide subject matter expertise to Product Management for new versions of tools and products.
- Support initiatives to increase market penetration, sales, and revenue to meet financial goals for 3M HIS classification products.
- Provide educational opportunities and training to internal teams.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time.
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of three (3) combined years of experience in client account management and/or healthcare administration, and/or data analysis
- Master's degree in healthcare field or business administration from an accredited university
- Experience with one or more of the classification tools such as 3M CRG, 3M PFP, 3M PPR, 3M PPC, 3M DRG, 3M AP DRG, 3M APR DRG, 3M EAPG
- Experience with commercial/government payer, healthcare consulting, medical management, value-based purchasing, and/or accountable care organizations.
Location: Albany, NY, Overland Park, KS, Denver, CO, Murray, UT, or our Atlanta, GA office.
Travel: May include up to 25% domestic
Relocation: Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world. Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Here, you go! For information about a career at 3M go directly to www.3m.com/careers.
Work with the Best and the Brightest, our culture.
3M is a giant melting pot of smart, motivated people. Here, you will discover an inclusive culture and will collaborate with other curious, creative minds. Our huge array of global locations, technologies and products provides many pathways to a rewarding career. We give you the flexibility to help balance your work life with your personal life.
Most Recent great-news / Awards: 3M received recognition as being A Most Ethical Company! Promoting Ethical Business standards and practices internally, enabling managers and employees to make good choices, and shaping future industry standards by introducing tomorrow's best practices today. Honorees have historically out-performed others financially, demonstrating the connection between good ethical practices and performances that’s valued. To View this recognition, please visit: http://bit.ly/EthisphereWorldsMostEthicalCompanyAward
See job description.