Financial Analyst Intern - Summer 2018
at Yanfeng Automotive Interiors
Posted in Automotive 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Holland, Michigan
Yanfeng Automotive Interiors (YFAI) is the global leader in automotive interiors. YFAI is redefining how people relax, work and play in their vehicle interiors today and decades from now. Headquartered in Shanghai, the company has 114 manufacturing plants and technical centers in 20 countries and more than 33,000 employees globally. They design, develop and manufacture interior components for all automakers. Established in 2015, Yanfeng Automotive Interiors is a joint venture between Yanfeng Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Huayu Automotive Systems Co., Ltd. (HASCO), the component group of SAIC Motor Corporation Limited (SAIC Motor), and Adient, the global leader in automotive seating. For more information, please visit www.YFAI.com.
Opportunity is yours. Are you ready for the challenge?
At Yanfeng Automotive Interiors, we are determined in streamlining process that helps achieve cost efficient results throughout our organization.
As a Finance Intern, you will have the opportunity to explore different problem solving events to help streamline current and new processes throughout the organization. You will gain hands-on exposure to our facilities and network with industry leaders throughout your internship.
Under the supervision of your manager and mentor, some projects and job responsibilities could include:
- Use plant data to help validate and/or improve OH allocations for both costing and plant operational rates. Maintenance reports may be used to better allocate some accounts. HR reports may allow for better headcount and cost allocations.
- Improve the process of handing off a launch program’s financials into production at a plant. Currently the launch teams (SDT including the AFM) use the METRIX system to track program financials while the program is in development. Plants utilize standard cost/MFGPRO. These systems have different work centers, calculation methods and rate structures that need reallocation before alignment.
- Improve the process of handing off a launch program's financials into production at a plant. Currently, the launch teams (SDT including the AFM) utilize the Metrix system to track program financials while the program is in development. Plants utilize the HFM system. When a program transitions from launch to production, there are often disconnects on how the teams transition data from the Metrix system into a financial forecast in the plants. The goal of this project will be to understand the gaps in the current handoff process and develop solutions on how it can be improved, including documentation needs (i.e. checklists) to ensure alignment is in place.
- Current student enrolled in an accredited college/university pursuing a bachelor’s degree with a 3.00 GPA or higher
- Pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting or related field
- Prior internship(s), work experience, and/or extracurricular activities preferred
- Highly motivated, positive attitude and goal orientated
- Sophomore, Junior or Senior Status
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.