Ag Technology Manager at Land O'Lakes
Posted in General Labor 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
The agriculture and food industries are growing fast. With a variety of positions in a lot of different places, Land O’Lakes has just the job for you. Land O'Lakes, Inc., (www.landolakesinc.com) one of America's premier agribusiness and food companies, is a member-owned cooperative with industry-leading operations spanning the spectrum from agricultural production to consumer foods. With 2015 annual sales of $13 billion, we manage some of the most respected brands including LAND O LAKES® Dairy Foods, Purina Animal Nutrition and WinField Solutions. To all the big thinkers, the leaders, future leaders, change makers, hard workers and everyone with a passion for doing something meaningful—we want you on our team. Land O'Lakes is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. Land O’Lakes, Inc. enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.
This role is part of our WinField United business that provides crop inputs and insights to farmers through our network of independent ag retailers. Through our leadership expertise, high quality products, rich data and innovative ag technology, we strive to help the retailers and farmers they serve intelligently advance agriculture and help farmers win in every field around the world.
We're hiring a Ag Technology Manager! In this role, you will be responsible for driving Winfield United’s strategic initiative to “Advance Agriculture Intelligently through technology”. Team members lead with technology expertise for internal sales staff and aligned owners to implement technology utilization with internal sales staff and aligned owners. As tools are deployed, you will work with Winfield United District Sales Managers, Region Directors and aligned owners to grow seed, CPP, Stamps, and CN sales through the use of campaigns, decision ag tools, and digital customer engagement.
Your primary responsibilities include:
Internal Support and Expertise
- Serve as technical expert and trainer for decision ag technologies
- Be the technology protagonist to the sales team to utilize technology and insight tools to sell strategic products
- Lead ag technology demonstration programs (R7 Proven Acre trials) to showcase the value and drive adoption of technology tools
- Support sales/marketing programs & sales goals for strategic products
- Work with technology partners to effectively position and promote the sale of their products via Answer Tech with aligned R7 owners
- Support and Lead if needed Answer Tech technology contract commitments with aligned owners
- Assist Sales team to deliver strategic product marketing campaigns via technology and data collected through decision ag technologies
- Provide mentorship, training and leadership to 1st year associates partnered at R7 comprehensive owners.
- Work with Ag Customer Team (ACT) to engage/consult with key owners / managers on technology strategies to help them engage their customer base via technology
Product Development and Marketing
- Collaborate with Agronomy & Product Development staff to support cross-training and integrated product solutions to help the sales staff implement the Managed Acre strategy.
- Engage in the By WinField United Process - Provide subject matter expertise and identify new opportunities for improving proprietary agronomic technology products with the Ag Technology Customer success team
- Answer Tech contributions – using technology knowledge and expertise, contribute articles, reviews and videos to be viewed on www.answertech.com
- New / Introductory Technology products and pilots – participate, contribute and collaborate to drive the successful launch and delivery of new proprietary technology products.
Owner Success Education and Experience required:
- Working with the Digital Technology team, assist to implement digital ag technology platform at strategic owners (Data Silo, ATLAS, etc.)
- Provide industry knowledge and expertise for decision ag technologies
- For aligned R7 Comprehensive owners, provide and or initiate the following business tactics:
- Annual owner ag technology assessments and technology business planning consultation
- Engage and initiate decision ag technology pilots for new technology products (FFT, ATLAS, etc.)
- R7 Proven Acre protocols and demo development
- Answer Tech Clinics, Answer Plots Events & Executive Grower Events
- Technology training and support / education / conferences, etc.
- Bachelor degree in Agronomy, Ag Systems Technology, Ag Business, Ag Engineering, or other ag-related field of study. Candidates with an Associate degree and 5 or more years of relative industry experience will be considered.
- 2+ years of experience with Ag Technology / Agronomy sales. Including experience training agricultural field sales people to sell to growers and customers.
- Familiarity with retail Agronomy systems a plus
Competencies and other skills:
- Daily travel, extended hours and overnight travel required (50% or more).
- Decision ag experience preferred (e.g., agronomic knowledge and expertise, crop models, crop benchmarking, Big Data insights, GIS, remote sensing imagery (satellite, UAV, Drones), creating VRT prescriptions, etc.)
- Strong communication skills including verbal, written, and proficient at creating and delivering group presentations.
- Proficient computer skills, particularly database, spreadsheet, word processing, and presentation applications.
- Ability to work with team environment with vendors, field staff, and sellers/customers.
- Ability to coach others to drive growth – both with retail sellers and with internal sales staff.
- Ability to drive results and thrive in an environment without day to day supervision
Education and Experience required:
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. Land O’Lakes, Inc. enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.