Buyer I - Eden Prairie (Mitchell Center) at SUPERVALU Inc
Posted in Purchasing - Procurement 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Maintains responsibility for the profitable procurement and timely delivery of products for assigned lines. Works closely with Category Managers to achieve the goals of the category business plan. Provides supply chain/inventory management for a limited promotionally active grocery desk and corresponding financial accountabilities. Buys in accordance with all policies and procedures established by the Company, Category Manager(s), and Distribution.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Reviews acquisition costs to ensure items purchased are at the lowest cost consistent with considerations of quality, reliability of source, and urgency of need.
- Assesses current inventory to determine order quantity. Manages inventory investment to attain projected category profitability.
- Conducts post-promotional reviews and analysis to determine if promotional requirements were met. Develops solutions if there were problem areas.
- Conducts logistics planning processes while ordering products to attain the best net product price possible.
- Conducts loss prevention reviews and recommends package changes to the category team. Reviews and resolves pre-books/scan-based issues received from stores or division personnel, which may require reordering product or accepting product returns from stores.
- Visits stores, as needed, to monitor programs, obtain store feedback, and assess overall implementation effectiveness.
- Maintains assigned SKU integrity maintenance in the system.
- Coordinates with Warehouse Operations to maintain the proper product flow through the facility, in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree required. A degree in Marketing, Accounting, or Financial Management practices preferred.
- Relevant work experience preferred.
- Store department managerial experience preferred.
- Previous store operations experience or similar experience where an understanding of operations and merchandising approaches has been gained.
- Familiarity with procurement, logistics, and inventory management practices.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills. Experience in taking initiative and making appropriate decisions.
- Computer aptitude with the ability to use spreadsheet and word-processing software.
- Written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective business relationships within and outside the company.
Why Work for Supervalu?
As one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the United States, SUPERVALU is dedicated to feeding our communities by providing innovative, customer-centric solutions. We deliver on that promise every day through a strong network of 30,000 talented employees who supply the best national brands and our own high-quality and affordable private label products to thousands of customers, and millions of consumers, nationwide. With a wide variety of services and industry leading expertise, SUPERVALU offers you the opportunity to shape the food industry through every stage of your career.
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. SUPERVALU is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.