at Thermote en Vanhalst NV
Posted in Purchasing - Procurement 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Olathe, Kansas
We are One. That’s the foundation of our company culture at TVH. We’re the worldwide leading supplier of quality replacement parts, safety equipment, and accessories for the material handling and industrial equipment industry.
We're seeking an Associate Product Specialist to research, source and purchase an assigned commodity to grow our business. Located at our Americas headquarters in the Kansas City area, this professional will make purchasing decisions focused on achieving growth and maximizing profits. Essential functions include:
- Daily review of a Suggested Order Report to determine whether or not parts need to be ordered. If so, determine the most economical quantities and delivery dates.
- Place, monitor and maintain purchase orders with approved and preferred suppliers
- Closely monitor inventory and take steps to ensure level is not excessive. Proper inventory levels allow for optimum fill rates and inventory turns
- Negotiate with suppliers to agree upon quality requirements, prices, payment terms, lead times, freight payment terms, or any other fiscal benefit for the company
- Closely monitor back order levels and make sure all steps are being taken to reduce
- With the use of samples or drawings, obtain quotes from current or new suppliers to ensure we are offering the customer quality parts at a competitive price
Other responsibilities include working with marketing/advertising to ensure accurate details for inclusion in commodity literature, remaining current on product claims, and traveling as needed to visit suppliers, customers, and/or participate in trade shows.
- Qualified candidates must possess a High School Diploma or equivalent with technical aptitude and a minimum of two years purchasing or research and development experience. Other requirements include:
- Demonstrates effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Demonstrates superior organizational, time management and follow up skills
- Must be team oriented, possess a positive attitude and collaborate effectively with others to achieve goals in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism, discretion and confidentiality
- Demonstrates proficient knowledge of and efficiency in the use of MS Office (Excel, Word, and Power Point)
- Candidates with an Associates or Bachelor's Degree and/or purchasing experience in the markets of material handling, automotive, or industrial equipment are highly desired!
TVH offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, access to an onsite health clinic for you and your family, vacation and sick time, a retirement plan. And, if you need to take a quick break, take a lap around the TVH campus and earn points through our Wellness program or grab your laptop for a quick walk on one of the treadmills located on our Olathe campus. To learn more about our dynamic work environment and family focused culture, check out our videohttps://youtu.be/qTUKk5CvEZA. That’s just the start. Want to learn more and see our dynamic work environment? Take a virtual tour by clicking here. Don’t wait a minute longer. Apply today to join the TVH team.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.