Plant Engineering Mechanical Tech at 3M
Posted in Skilled Labor - Trades 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin
3M is seeking a Plant Engineering Mechanical Tech for the manufacturing facility located in Prairie du Chien, WI. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Plant Engineering Mechanical Tech will be responsible for providing mechanical expertise to maintain and repair the site’s PIV/fork trucks and batteries. Additionally, will be responsible for safe install, maintain, move, replace, modify, troubleshoot, diagnose, adjust, calibrate and perform preventive maintenance on industrial and commercial equipment and devices used in all areas of the plant.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Troubleshoot/repair PIV/fork trucks and batteries
- Fabricate, assemble and optimize new and existing equipment
- Troubleshoot/repair mechanical equipment and components, hydraulic/pneumatic equipment, electrical equipment, web handling systems, pumps, etc.
This position will require:
- Working 2nd shift
This position may require:
- Weekend work
- Working overtime
- Possess a two (2) year Technical Degree or diploma in the field of mechanics or higher
- Previous PIV/fork truck maintenance experience
- Previous experience in an Industrial Maintenance type of setting
- Experience fabricating, assembling and optimizing new and existing equipment
- Computer aptitude and ability to enter required data into required systems
- Ability to obtain and maintain current license for PIV, fork trucks and lifts
Location: Prairie du Chien WI
Relocation: Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M employment testing as a part of the selection process.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status.)
See job description.