Senior Account Executive, Technology at Daniel J. Edelman Holdings
Posted in Public Relations 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Edelman is a leading global Communications Marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was named one of Advertising Age’s “Agency to Watch” in 2014; one of Forbes’ “14 Most Influential Agencies of 2014”; and The Holmes Report’s “2013 Global Agency of the Year.” Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014 and was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the third time in 2014. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Senior Account Executive, Technology
Edelman New York is seeking a Senior Account Executive (SAE) to join our Technology team. As part of our dynamic team, you’ll contribute to the success of a global, marquee Consumer Tech client and work with some of Edelman’s most high-profile global consumer tech leaders that span PR, social, creative, planning and research. If you’re a rising earned media professional with experience successfully pitching consumer, lifestyle and technology media and influencers, along with experience or passion to work across social, influencer and paid, this is the role for you!
While there is no “typical day” at Edelman, you will be exposed to a variety of disciplines within the company and be involved in several large, integrated client projects. You’ll:
- Play a major role in creation of communications plans and goals for a leading consumer technology company
- Manage multiple projects from conception to completion, by anticipating challenges and ensuring deadline and budget adherence
- Drive media relations including creating and driving outreach plans, message development, management of events, coordination of media familiarization trips, effective pitching and training of spokespersons and growth of contact network
- Serve as daily client contact and act as client lead when appropriate; address client issues thoughtfully and effectively
- Demonstrate tactical proficiency in media relations, including creating and driving both traditional and social media outreach plans – any experience in consumer and commercial printing a plus
- Build relationships with third-party influencers and internal business partners to meet client needs
- Oversee operational performance of accounts, ensuring quality work, deadline and budget adherence
- Supervise junior staff junior by motivating, coaching and consistently providing feedback
- Consistently produce high quality internal and external communications content
- A minimum of three years of relevant experience in consumer tech, lifestyle and/or technology communications.
- Be a media relations expert with experience building strategic media relations plans, drafting messaging and pitch angles, and have relationships with key tech and lifestyle reporters.
- Have a passion for storytelling, be proficient in building campaigns that employ creative tactics along with traditional media and digital/ social media strategies, have strong writing capabilities and be a creative thinker who isn’t afraid to share ideas and opinions.
- Possess an interest in the commercial and B2B space – from the technology powering the future of workspaces to the evolution of large format printing – is a definite plus.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
If this sounds like this would be your ideal job, we’re excited to hear from you!