Strategic Sourcing Specialist - Procurement - Atlanta, GA
at Oldcastle Materials Inc
Posted in Purchasing - Procurement 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Job ID: 122231
Oldcastle Materials, Inc., a division of Oldcastle, is the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mixed concrete, and construction and paving services in the United States and Canada. Our operations span the nation from Montana to Texas and from Washington to Florida, with 18,000 employees at more than 1,200 locations in 44 states.
The Strategic Sourcing Specialist for Oldcastle is responsible for generating savings and improving the company’s profitability related to certain categories. This Strategic Sourcing Specialist is responsible for working with the Oldcastle businesses to manage spend through the use of the Oldcastle/CRH strategic sourcing process, including developing strategies, establishing a program and managing the overall success of the program. The Strategic Sourcing Specialist will work directly with Oldcastle procurement personnel, key stakeholders, management, suppliers and others to ensure program objectives are achieved.
- Lead the sourcing efforts across Oldcastle for specific products and services. This includes managing multi-functional, multi-divisional teams to develop and implement appropriate sourcing strategies which leverage the overall company spend.
- Guide the active management of supplier relationships on a national basis. Lead the company’s efforts to negotiate, contract and manage performance with national suppliers in each of the assigned spend categories. Drive suppliers to ensure that all Service Level Agreements are exceeded and continuous improvement efforts are implemented.
- Work extensively with division procurement, operations teams, functional leaders and other key stakeholders to ensure their engagement and support, to gain feedback and to communicate progress of the programs. This includes managing stakeholder communication regarding category performance and other key information.
- Identify new opportunities to improve value and performance which deliver demonstrable benefits for the business. These opportunities may consist of evaluating new products or services, reducing the supplier base, standardizing product specification or otherwise optimizing existing purchasing practices across operating divisions.
- For each program under management, work with the Procurement Analyst, suppliers and others to ensure that the reporting of Key Performance Indicators, benefit measures, market data and trends is appropriate, timely and accurate.
- Work with other Strategic Sourcing professionals within Oldcastle Inc. and CRH to leverage spend across CRH businesses, when appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Science, Business or related degree or the equivalent in relevant experience.
- Three+ years of business, procurement, plant operations / engineering or related experience.
- Certified Professional in Supply Management, Certified Purchasing Manager or similar certification desired.
- Experience working with databases, data warehouse applications and / or ERP systems.
- Category knowledge and expertise
- Strategic Sourcing / category management skills with a proven record for delivering results.
- Effective team builder and leader with the ability to inspire and motivate a diverse team within a highly matrixed environment
- Thorough knowledge of procurement tools and process management including: strategic sourcing processes; procurement best practices, procedures, and policies; and strategic sourcing and operating metrics.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and to translate learning into actionable, measurable cost saving initiatives. Able to work independently and accept ownership
- Analytical and detail-oriented with good problem solving skills
- Effective communications skills, including the ability to persuasively present information both in writing and verbally
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Follow Oldcastle Careers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, WordPress (Career Blog) and LinkedIn!
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Oldcastle Materials is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.