Posted in Public Relations 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Seattle, Washington
Edelman is a leading global Communications Marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was named one of Advertising Age’s “Agency to Watch” in 2014; one of Forbes’ “14 Most Influential Agencies of 2014”; and The Holmes Report’s “2013 Global Agency of the Year.” Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014 and was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the third time in 2014. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are looking for a seasoned and savvy technology communications professional in Seattle, at the Vice President level, to join Revere, an agency backed by Edelman, to focus on leading high-growth tech accounts. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced practitioner with deep technological expertise and creative brand storytelling prowess to run integrated campaigns that span earned media, social/digital communications, internal communications and paid media. Ideal candidates need to deeply understand how different parts of a communications and marketing campaign can work together to fulfill a client’s business goals. The ideal candidate can serve as a go-to counselor for different audiences: a founder/CEO as well as leaders that span sales, lead generation and marketing.
This role will be integral to bringing a strategic but can-do mindset to our team, and will lead new business initiatives and help junior employees grow. Ideal candidates have deep experience managing, collaborating and growing enterprise startup and midsize accounts, with a strong skillset that spans storytelling and digital marketing.
● You should have at least 8 years’ experience and preferably 10+. You should have a strong interest and previous experience in technology communications, with special attention focused on enterprise, B2B or emerging technology.
● As part of that experience, we want evidence of a track record of developing and executing successful public relations strategies and programs in an agency, in-house, or consulting role.
● You are a team player, possess strong leadership qualities and have in-depth experience effectively managing a group and helping junior employees grow.
● You have a spirit intellectual curiosity, be willing to take risks and be motivated by the mutual success of both clients and colleagues.
● You have great writing and interpersonal communications skills, and can work in an agile, lean environment in which we collaborate in real-time with clients and partners.
Some responsibilities of the Vice President:
● You are a client lead.
● You ensure your team is in a position to win, every day.
● You provide thoughtful counsel to clients based on business goals and what’s happening on company, competitive, financial and communications landscapes.
● You take immediate action on client feedback.
● You are a team leader.
● You provide the strategic counsel to your team to help them get the job done at an elite level.
● You are responsible for counseling your team to develop media strategies that win, and providing direct mentoring, motivating, coaching and feedback.
● You also commit to continuous learning and improvement of leadership skills, and constantly push the team (and yourself) by setting and pursuing stretch goals.
● You are a key member of Revere leadership.
● You are responsible for securing, maintaining and growing business.
● You lead operational and financial performance of account teams, ensuring quality work, effective processes and that client requests are handled in timely and strategic fashion.
● You identify new growth opportunities based on insights into the company, client, industry and economy.
● You capitalize on, and contribute to, the Edelman global network to serve and grow business,
● Most of all, you demonstrate behaviors consistent with Edelman’s values (Quality, Integrity, Respect, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Mutual Benefits) and Code of Ethics and Business Conduct).
Revere is an agency within the Daniel J. Edelman Holdings family of companies and is committed to technology-related clients. Technology, industry and society are constantly outpacing each other. Sometimes amazing technology pushes new boundaries in business and society. Other times, societal needs dictate perceptions and use of new technology. At Revere, we find the watershed moments when an idea occurred, a collaboration was sparked or a course was changed. We help define the essence of a brand and create lasting connections with an audience. We put the crowd above the cloud. In a noisy market of products and campaigns, our talented team understands the powerful intersection between technology, business and society.