Associate or Senior Editor, Nature Communications at Springer Nature
Posted in Writing/Editing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Nature Research is a flagship portfolio of journals, products and services including Nature and the Nature-branded journals, dedicated to serving the scientific community.
Do you love science but feel that a career at the bench isn’t enough to sate your desire to learn more about the natural world? Do you enjoy reading papers outside your chosen area of research? If the answer is ‘yes’ to any or all of these questions, you could be the person we’re looking for to join the editorial team of Nature Communications in either our London or New York office.
Nature Communications is the world’s leading multidisciplinary Open Access journal, publishing high-quality research from across the natural sciences. To help us to build on the success of this journal, we’re seeking a biochemist who has a critical eye, a deep understanding of their subject and interests beyond, and who can think on their feet.
To be considered for the position, you will have:
- A PhD (or equivalent) in a field of protein science. Candidates with experience in structural biology or proteomics are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Some postdoctoral research experience is preferred. A thorough understanding of recent trends and developments in the field is essential.
- A passion for science and a thirst to learn more. You must be able to demonstrate the breadth of your interest in scientific research, both within and beyond your speciality.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be fluent in English (written and spoken).
- The ability to read and assess the novelty, context and implications of research submitted to the journal from different areas of this discipline.
- Be eager to travel and meet scientists worldwide, learn more about them and their research, and help them learn more about us and what we are looking for in the papers we seek to publish.
The successful candidate will report to a team manager in the life sciences, and play an important role in determining the representation of their subject in the journal. They will handle original research papers, and work closely with other editors on all aspects of the editorial process, including manuscript selection and overseeing peer review. The ability to recommend well-reasoned editorial decisions on submitted manuscripts in the light of expert advice is crucial. They will liaise extensively with editors at other journals in the Nature family and experts in the international scientific community. Editorial experience is not required, although applicants with significant editorial experience are encouraged to apply and will potentially be considered for Senior Editor positions.
The position is offered on a full-time, permanent basis, and may be located in either our London or New York office. Applicants must be able to demonstrate the right to live and work in the UK or USA respectively in order to be considered for the position.
Applicants should include a resume, a cover letter explaining their interest in the post and their preferred office of employment, and a Research Highlights piece in the style of Nature Cell Biology (of around 300 words) on a recent paper from the literature. Candidates are encouraged to apply promptly to guarantee consideration.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours.
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is
The Law Poster: