Sr. Technical Writer
at XPO Logistics SC Corporate
Posted in Writing/Editing 4 months ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: High Point, North Carolina
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Boeing, Home Depot, Ikea, L'Oréal and many others. We're growing worldwide. And we're constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our customers require. If you're ready to give us your best, let's talk. We'd like to invest in you. (NYSE: XPO)
The Sr. Technical Writer will be responsible for developing various types of documentation for use in contract administration activities including, but not limited to, internal operational processes, quality initiatives, and performance reporting. Develop and edit text and graphical content for multimedia presentations or slide shows for both internal and client audiences.
- Write and edit multiple types of Corporate and departmental documentation including operational processes, letters, proposals, progress reporting, and presentations
- Maintain and store network directories and media backups of final, approved documentation material for historical records and revision control
- Evaluate proposal requirements and work with multiple client programs and contracts especially relating to the preparation of progress reporting and operational processes
- Provide related support for meetings, both with clients and internal Company personnel, to include preparing presentation material, meeting minutes and performing additional administrative tasks as requested
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Minimum Bachelors degree in English, Marketing or Communication
- 7+ years experience writing technical manuals, proposals, and marketing documentation in a technical environment
- Expertise in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with one or more page layout programs such as Quark, PageMaker, or InDesign
- Experience with multimedia programs such as Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, or Illustrator
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a multi-discipline environment
- Excellent written and communication skills, as well as analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- A basic understanding of layout design and typographic concepts, along with a good grasp of grammar rules, spelling, and general rules of business communication
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.