Posted in General Business 7 days ago.
Location: Cheshire, Connecticut
JOB TITLE: Director of Admissions
REPORTS TO: Administrator
SALARY CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
Responsible for securing and increasing referrals and admissions into the Short-term Rehabilitation Program, and maintaining and growing maximum occupancy levels in excess of budget levels. Additionally responsible for securing and increasing admissions into Residential Care Home; to maintain and grow occupancy in excess of budget levels. Obtain verification and (pre-) authorization of insurances, obtain documents required as Elim Parks Admission Packet, and maintain compliance with inquiry and waiting lists and other related regulations on a timely basis.
1. Coordinate and administer all aspects of admission process:
Maintain maximum resident occupancy through marketing and admissions.Provide consultation, information and tours to prospective applicants and their families and any other interested parties.Perform pre-admission interviews with pre-books whenever possible at Elim Park, to build enthusiasm and understanding by the prospective resident as to our services and expectations.Assure fulfillment of all Pre-Admission Screening (PASR) state requirements (financial screen, health screen, and MI/MR screen).Evaluate applicants as to appropriateness of admission to short term rehabilitation unit with an expected plan of discharge, and existence of a source of payment, including Medicare or participating insurance companies authorizations.Evaluate applicants for Residential Care Home as to their functioning for that particular living area, and existence of a source of payment.Make appropriate recommendation for admission on effective, timely basis, consulting with Nursing Administration and Finance departments as required.Maintain Daily Facility Census of occupancy levels by wing and source of payment, admissions, discharges, room transfers, payment status changes, and bed holds.Maintain list of inquiries and waiting list current daily per State requirements.Provide personal welcome, support and assistance in all aspects of initial move-in, and periodic check on how resident is settling and adjusting.Provide staff notification of all admissions prior to arrival.
2. Develop contacts with insurance companies and managed care organizations and serve as liaison regarding their clients in our facility.
3. Work collaboratively with the Director of Business Development/Public Relations to establish priority of preadmission assessments for referrals.
4. Monitor/oversee the admissions sign in process, confirm all necessary paperwork is completed by staff and appropriate documentation is obtained during the sign in process. Periodically assess the admissions sign in paperwork to confirm it is up to date and relevant.
5. Work with Nursing and Rehabilitation departments to develop new short term program offerings to increase attractiveness for community and doctor referrals.
6. Develop Statistical data for Medical Staff reports.
7. Interface with Nursing and doctors on resident status and needs, including needs of managed care organizations and insurance companies.
8. Work with Rehabilitation Department in developing an Out-Patient Rehabilitation program.
9. Serve as representative to Quality Assurance Committee, Resident Care Plan and Resident Status meetings, and such other meetings as requested.
10. Flexible to work evenings and Saturdays and Sundays if needed.
11. Maintain ongoing contact with short-term residents and their families.
12. Be proficient through daily use of HealthMedx Vision, Excel, Word, Medicare database, online insurance databases, pharmacy databases, etc.
13. Perform any other job related duties or responsibilities that may become necessary or as directed by your supervisor.
1. Demonstrates neatness, accuracy, detail-oriented, and dependability.
2. Contributes, develops, and carries out new ideas.
3. Demonstrates an ability to work well with others.
4. Outgoing, enthusiastic sales approach.
5. Ability to work independently with flexibility of job demands.
6. Ability to work in cost and time efficient manner.
7. Ability to teach skills and knowledge to others.
8. Willingness and adaptability to change and learn new ideas.
9. Possesses strong computer and technology skills and good math skills.
10. Relates well with residents, families, professionals, staff, and all others with a pleasant, friendly, positive, compassionate demeanor.
11. Wears appropriate clothing/uniform. Appearance is professional, neat and well kept.
12. Demonstrates good safety habitsuses equipment appropriately.
13. Attendance/punctualitycomes to work when scheduled and on time.
14. Attends required in-services.
Work Area and Working Conditions:
Entire Health Care Facility and community.
Marketing program experience to medical community.Strong computer skills with Excel, Word and Electronic Health Records.Desired experience with short-term rehabilitation.Desired experience dealing with insurance companies, and managed care organizations.Desired experience in a long-term care and/or hospital setting.Desired knowledge of Medicare and long-term care regulations governing admissions to nursing facilities.Excellent oral and written communication skills.Excellent assessment skills.Financial analysis skills as relates to costs of care, sources of payment, etc.Ability to exercise independent judgment.Ability to understand, communicate with and have a genuine concern for geriatric and psychiatric residents.Ability to deal tactfully with all types of personalities under all conditions.Shares the commitment to the Elim Park mission.Current driver's license and good driving record. Own a registered car.
1. Able to safely perform essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
2. Able to move about building and drive to community locations, i.e., hospitals as appropriate.
3. Must possess a strong command of the English language, with reading, writing and speaking skills.
4. Must possess sight/hearing senses or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately.
5. Must function independently, have personal integrity, have flexibility in scheduling, and work effectively with other personnel.
6. Able to cope with the stress of the position.
7. Must have a pleasant, understandable speaking voice.
8. Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability.
Equipment to be used:
ComputerFaxCopierScannerAvaya Phone SystemCell Phone
ELIM PARK BAPTIST HOME INC
Trinity Solar Careers
Trinity Solar Careers