Reports to Superintendent
Support the local crews in safety, quality, productivity, communication and efficiency of daily operations. This is a DOT-regulated and safety-sensitive position (FMCSA and/or PHMSA).
- Define project goals; assist in establishing pre-job plans.
- Assist in determining resource requirements, i.e., directional drills, vacuum excavation, sewer camera, and personnel.
- Interact regularly with inspectors; aid in negotiations and communication.
- Ensure quality of work provided by crews.
- Ensure quality and compliance according to customer specifications and Miller Pipeline requirements.
- Conduct a minimum of three thorough safety and quality inspections per week.
- Assist in handling customer complaints and concerns.
- Attend and participate in daily huddles.
- Make every effort to start and end a day on the job.
- Ensure proper housekeeping and appearance of jobsites.
- Assist in answering questions regarding WINS (time and attendance) entries; accuracy and hours charged to units.
- Assist in identifying best candidates for job openings.
- Assist in incident reporting.
- Assist in completing a review of job ending paperwork.
- Conduct jobsite visits after completion of projects to ensure quality and completeness.
Education and Certifications
:High school diploma or equivalent. Driver's license with a good driving record. CDL or ability to obtain one upon employment.
:Associate level degree or trade school certificate
:5+ years' experience in gas pipeline construction industry. Comprehensive understanding of the scope of the business