Posted in Other 10 days ago.
Location: Hollywood, Florida
Performs receptionist, registration, and clerical duties associated with registering patient for inpatient and outpatient services.
• Meets with surgical/procedural patient or patient's caregiver to exchange necessary information and documentation. Provides explanation of process, pre-procedure instructions, and addresses concerns and questions. Schedule patient/family surgical conferences.
• Communicates with referring physician's office, clinical department(s), and/or other appropriate personnel to exchange necessary information and coordinate surgical/procedural/diagnostic testing and DME as appropriate. Assists in completing surgical orders as directed by department. Routes as appropriate.
• Verifies insurance benefits and obtains pre-certification/authorization as necessary. Determines and accepts required payments, including co-pays and deductibles, or refers to financial counselors for follow up.
• Work Department incoming referral work queue daily. Assist patients with appointments in other specialist offices as requested/referred by our physicians.
• Reviews patient charts to ensure imaging is available and all pertinent information to maximize appointment.
• Responsible for managing physician calendars.
• Round with patients in practice to ensure Excellent Patient Experience is met. Follow-up on reported issues and assist with service recovery.
• Performs general clerical duties including assisting with the front/back desk as well as scheduling appointments. Assist with signing up patients/Proxy with MyChart activations and Telehealth visits.
• Builds critically important relationships with physicians, OR staff, as well as insurance representatives in order to help facilitate all scheduling duties.
Competencies and skills:
• STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
• CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
• ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
• RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
• VERIFYING INSURANCE: Verifies and enters insurance information and authorization/referral requirements.
• PATIENT ACCESS: Performs assigned duties related to the admission of patients.
• ACCURACY: Completes work assignments within established quality and/or quantity standards.
• PROBLEM SOLVING: Ability to identify, analyze and effectively solve problems.
• ORGANIZATION SKILLS: Organizes work to achieve maximum efficiency.
• PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: "Provides Patient and Family Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal customers"
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
Education equivalent experience:
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience: One (1) year experience in a clinical office setting.
Proficient in basic computer skills and customer service experience preferred.
• Bending and Stooping 40.00%
• Keyboard Entry 60.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 40.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 40.00%
• Reaching 60.00%
• Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 60.00%
• Sitting 60.00%
• Standing 60.00%
• Walking 60.00%
• Audible Speech 60.00%
• Hearing Acuity 60.00%
• Depth Perception 60.00%
• Distinguish Color 60.00%
• Seeing - Far 60.00%
• Seeing - Near 60.00%
• Bio hazardous Waste 40.00%
• Biological Hazards - Respiratory 40.00%
• Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion 40.00%
• Blood and/or Bodily Fluids 40.00%
• Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens 40.00%
• Hazardous Chemicals 20.00%
• Computer Monitor 60.00%
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.
Assistant Food and Beverage Manager, Outlets - The Diplomat Beach Resort Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton
Memorial Healthcare System
Memorial Healthcare System