Posted in Other 11 days ago.
Location: Miramar, Florida
Supervises Revenue Cycle for Memorial Physician Group (MPG), Memorial Primary Care (MPC), Memorial Cancer Institute (MCI), Memorial Cardiovascular Institute (MCVI) and Urgent Care Centers (UCC). Response for all aspects of employee productivity related to daily operations of previous mentioned revenue cycle. Reports directly to MPG Business Office Manager.
• Determines, coordinates and supervises daily staffing assignments and levels.
• Provides direction, orientation, training, coaching, and mentoring to staff. Performs or assists with performance evaluations and disciplinary actions.
• Assesses quality of revenue cycle interactions and facilitates staff development programs. Ensures staff compliance with departmental and organizational policies, procedures, and protocols.
• Assists in recruiting, hiring, supervising staff as assigned and helps staff develop performance goals and objectives.
• Acts as backup to the Manager and Director.
• Performs staff responsibilities as needed to meet departmental goals. Leads the handling and resolution of complex issues and complaints.
• Supports special projects and business analysis as requested.
• Attend required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
Competencies and skills:
• STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
• CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
• ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
• RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
• BILLING: Processes accurate payor claims to ensure timely reimbursement.
• COLLECTION ACTIVITY: Collects and adjusts past due balances.
• TEAM WORK: Contributes to fullest potential to achieve team goals.
• PEOPLE MANAGMENT: Uses HR/Performance Management processes and systems to align individual performance to achieve organizational results.
• CAPACITY MANAGEMENT: Projects and develops capacity through targeted recruitment, ongoing staff development, effective scheduling, and outsourcing.
• HEALTHCARE REGULATORY ENVIRONMENT: Applies knowledge and understanding of legislation and regulatory bodies to healthcare practices.
• MEDICAL CODING: Transforms verbal descriptions of diseases and procedures into numeric designations.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
Education equivalent experience:
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience: One (1) year of Lead or Supervisory experience in Healthcare.
• Keyboard Entry 60.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 40.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 40.00%
• Reaching 60.00%
• Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 60.00%
• Sitting 60.00%
• Standing 60.00%
• Walking 60.00%
• Audible Speech 60.00%
• Hearing Acuity 60.00%
• Depth Perception 60.00%
• Seeing - Far 60.00%
• Seeing - Near 60.00%
• Computer Monitor 60.00%
Memorial Healthcare System, consisting of 6 acute care hospitals, a nursing home, outpatient facilities, home health services and physician practices, provides quality, comprehensive care to the residents of the surrounding communities. We invite you to join one of the nation's leading healthcare systems, recognized for use of advanced technology and clinical informatics.
Memorial Support Services provides a variety of business services to support our facilities. The main offices are located in Miramar with satellite offices located throughout our system.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.
Memorial Healthcare System
Memorial Healthcare System