Posted in Other 1 day ago.
Location: Hollywood, Florida
Performs sonography in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
• Reviews patient history and physician's orders. Educates patient regarding procedures, equipment and exam to ensure patient's understanding and cooperation.
• When ordered, prepares and administers contrast media and/or medications within scope of practice. Monitors patient condition continually and reports/responds to changes in status as appropriate.
• Prepares equipment and supplies. Selects appropriate imaging parameters. Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures on equipment. Troubleshoots, resolves, and/or reports equipment malfunctions as necessary.
• Positions patient and performs imaging procedure(s). Analyzes images and identifies issues with the quality of images. Takes appropriate action to resolve image quality issues, including repositioning patient and repeating procedure if clinically appropriate.
• Takes on call shift responsibilities as required by the department.
Competencies and skills:
• STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
• CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
• ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
• RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
• PATIENT POSITIONING / PROCEDURES: Performs imaging procedures on all anatomical areas of the body.
• IMAGE PRODUCTION, ANALYSIS AND ARCHIVAL: Applies appropriate imaging factors, conducts image analysis and utilizes archival techniques.
• PATIENT ASSESSMENT AND CARE: Assesses and provides patient care prior to, during and/or after procedures; considering medical condition, age and diversity.
• ACCURACY: Completes work assignments within established quality and/or quantity standards.
• PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: "Provides Patient and Family Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal customers"
• Accredited Program
• Ultrasound Technologist
• American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography
• BLS Certification
Education equivalent experience:
• Graduate of an accredited Ultrasound Technologist program
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience: No prior work experience required.
Must be registered with one (1) calendar year of hire with the ARDMS (AB, OBGYN, RVT, BR, or PS).
• Bending and Stooping ; ; ; 60.00%
• Climbing ; ; ; 40.00%
• Keyboard Entry ; ; ; 80.00%
• Kneeling ; ; ; 60.00%
• Lifting/Carrying Patients 35 Pounds or Greater ; ; ; 80.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 60.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs - 75 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 20.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 80.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 26 - 75 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 80.00%
• Pushing or Pulling > 75 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 60.00%
• Reaching ; ; ; 60.00%
• Repetitive Movement Foot/Leg ; ; ; 40.00%
• Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm ; ; ; 80.00%
• Sitting ; ; ; 60.00%
• Squatting ; ; ; 40.00%
• Standing ; ; ; 60.00%
• Walking ; ; ; 60.00%
• Audible Speech ; ; ; 80.00%
• Hearing Acuity ; ; ; 80.00%
• Depth Perception ; ; ; 80.00%
• Distinguish Color ; ; ; 80.00%
• Seeing - Far ; ; ; 80.00%
• Seeing - Near ; ; ; 80.00%
• Bio hazardous Waste ; ; ; 60.00%
• Biological Hazards - Respiratory ; ; ; 60.00%
• Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion ; ; ; 60.00%
• Blood and/or Bodily Fluids ; ; ; 60.00%
• Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens ; ; ; 60.00%
• Gas/Vapors/Fumes ; ; ; 20.00%
• Hazardous Chemicals ; ; ; 40.00%
• Hazardous Medication ; ; ; 40.00%
• Latex ; ; ; 20.00%
• Computer Monitor ; ; ; 80.00%
• Domestic Animals ; ; ; 40.00%
• Fire Risk ; ; ; 20.00%
• Heating Devices ; ; ; 40.00%
• Moving Mechanical Parts ; ; ; 60.00%
• Needles/Sharp Objects ; ; ; 60.00%
• Potential Electric Shock ; ; ; 20.00%
• Potential for Physical Assault ; ; ; 20.00%
• Radiation ; ; ; 40.00%
• Wet or Slippery Surfaces ; ; ; 20.00%
Since the opening of the one-story, 100-bed Memorial Hospital in 1953, the South Florida community has benefited from caring and compassionate healthcare at Memorial Regional Hospital. Today, with 553 beds and as the flagship facility of Memorial Healthcare System, Memorial Regional Hospital is one of Florida's largest and most sophisticated hospitals, offering leading-edge care and technologies. Services include:
Memorial Healthcare System
Memorial Healthcare System
Marketing - Senior - Content Strategist Full Time - DAYS - Shift: 8:00am to 5:30pm: CORP - Marketing And Corp Comm
Memorial Healthcare System
Bell Techlogix, Inc.
Church World Service, Inc.