Posted in Other 14 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Location: Burr Ridge, Illinois
ROAR Logistics, Inc. is a global transportation service provider (3PL) and U.S. Customhouse Brokerage, offering an extensive portfolio ofRail,Ocean,Air, andRoad services to aid clients in the delivery of their products around the world. ROAR utilizes state-of-the-art technology to coordinate, manage and track shipments from point of origin to final destination. ROAR delivers best in class customer service and support with comprehensive operations in major markets throughout the world.
To provide pricing support to ROAR Logistics customer base, National Account Managers and commissioned sales agents
* Provide customers and internal Sales Associates with intermodal pricing on an as needed basis, including daily spot rates, short term and long term rates.
* Prepare bid packages for customer requests, ensuring that rates are submitted within the deadlines given by the customer
* Negotiate rates and services with our rail, drayage, steamship and other service providers to ensure that the best cost and service structure is obtained prior to quoting rates and effectively communicate transportation needs via email, phone or fax.
* Work in conjunction with our intermodal operations staff, to ensure that they are utilizing the best rail routing available when moving shipment, that not only enhance margin levels, but provide the best possible service offerings to our customers
* Monitor daily shipments to ensure proper routings are utilized, and enhance margins
* Have a thorough knowledge of the North American rail system, and the various rail vendors that provide potential service offerings to our customers
* Have a thorough knowledge of all accounts and their rate and routing structure
* Develop and maintain relationships with our drayage and rail vendor sales forces, utilizing those relationships to negotiate competitive pricing and exceptional service
* Maintain rate data base within our TMS, updating rates to customers, as well as rates from vendors as necessary, to ensure that the data remains up to date.
* Must be able to effectively manage and resolve rate issues for customers and vendors as required
* Prepare miscellaneous reports and assist with projects when necessary
High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred
5-10 years of domestic rail intermodal experience, preferably with pricing
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook Email
Strong written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
Rich Products Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates ("Rich's"), are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity, and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Rich's. Please contact Rich's Human Resources department at email@example.com if you need assistance completing this application or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago