Posted in Other 4 days ago.
Location: Providence, Rhode Island
Starting pay is $29.25 per hour
Summary- Assigned to the Maintenance Department will answer Operations Supervisor. This position provides an essential service to all departments and equipment at our facility. Responsibilities include Preventative Maintenance programs for all equipment, facilities maintenance and upkeep.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Perform scheduled preventative maintenance on production and support equipment
* Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair equipment issues as they arrive.
* Perform maintenance of facility if need arises.
* Maintain Compressed Air equipment, daily, monthly and annually and schedule service as necessary
* Maintain Forklift fleet, daily, monthly, and annually and schedule service from dealer if needed
* Disassemble and inspect components of specific equipment when performing PM
* Generate purchase orders for needed components and supplies needed to maintain equipment efficiency
* Communicate with operations supervisor and production supervisor of any issues that need immediate attention.
* Maintain washing equipment, daily, monthly, and annually
* Record inspection documentation for ISO requirements
* Operate forklift and Reach truck to move material, equipment as needed
* Maintain safe work practices and housekeeping programs
* Complete special assignments and other duties as assigned
* Candidate should have 3 to 5 years of experience in machine maintenance, electrical troubleshooting knowledge a plus.
* May install machined replacement part in mechanisms, machines and equipment and test operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance.
* May operate welding equipment
* Basic math skills
* Ability to read and communicate with others
* Ability to use basic hand and power tool
* Requires standing for long periods, bending and reaching
* Able to lift 50 lbs
* Organized and maintain a clean and organized area.
* Individual should possess his own maintenance tools
* Ability to fabricate metal components, from shop drawings or own design using metal working equipment
* Mechanical ability, required
* Maintain records of maintenance performed. Daily log and forklift scheduled maintenance
* Aptitude using basic computer software
* Working conditions of a shop environment including regular exposure to noise and oils and varying temperature
* Ability to handle moderate to high physical activity
* Electrical troubleshooting ability
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled