Posted in Other 8 days ago.
Location: Snoqualmie, Washington
MicroConnex is an engineering solutions provider and specialty contract manufacturer of high density, flexible interconnect devices and space transformers. Our customers span start-up to Fortune 50 companies serving the medical, semiconductor test, and industrial sensor markets. As a Carlisle Interconnect Technologies Company, our addressable markets are growing rapidly and MicroConnex is seeking qualified, high energy candidates to join our team.
MicroConnex has an immediate opening for an experienced Engineering and Environmental Compliance Manager to lead the process engineering group. This group owns and supports all unit processes in the factory and drives yield improvement, capital equipment procurement, cost reduction, capability improvement, and environmental compliance efforts. This position collaborates with operations, finance, quality, and human resources to managers to ensure business level performance objectives are met.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Oversee engineering projects to ensure targeted outcomes are met according to project scope, resources and timelines with focus on yield improvement, capability improvement and overall productivity.
* Direct engineering support functions to ensure alignment with business level objectives and goals.
* Direct systems that monitor and produce in-line feedback from processes. Uses data driven root cause analyses of performance misses and effective corrective actions in pursuit of continuous improvement.
* Generate business case and ROI for capital projects including unit process equipment, facility enhancements, waste treatment systems and factory automation projects.
* Produce and support tangible knowledge transfer documents to enable the operations, quality, and finance teams to meet their objectives. These deliverables include but are not limited to installation qualification (IQ), operational qualification (OQ), process qualifications (PQ) plans, protocols and reports, pFMEAs, process characterization reports, process capability reports, control plans, training materials, Job safety analysis, standard operating procedures, and standard work documents.
* Drive management of change discipline and other forms of variation reduction.
* Collaborate with business stakeholders to follow the new product introduction (NPI) process. Engage team members to identify risks, opportunities, and mitigation plans at stage gates.
* Enhance technical and managerial skills by routinely reading publications, enrolling in educational courses, engaging in professional associations, and benchmarking best practices.
* Communicate with customers to establish understanding of customer's technical requirements and convey design capabilities, product performance, and organizational expertise.
* Contribute to long range strategy, annual operating plans, budgets and strategy deployment.
* Ensure Environmental compliance with respect to our discharge permit, air emissions, and TTO
* Support regulatory site inspections from Dept of Ecology (DOE) and Puget Sound Clean Air Agency (PSCAA)while maintaining key relationships with regulatory stakeholders
* Review internal hazardous waste management audit results and reports for existing waste streams and monitor new materials for hazardous waste and change impacts before bringing on-site.
* Drive improvements through our environmental management system (EMS)
*Other duties as required in support of the department and the company*
* Directly responsible for the teams in the respective area.
* Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assisting, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Provides ongoing training to applicable staff to develop and encourage their technical and operational performance.
* Perform employee administrative tasks such as time-card validation, vacation approval, and schedule coordination.
* Meet with appropriate staff on a timely basis for performance evaluations and goal setting.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on equivalent basis
* Bachelor of Science in engineering or related field of study with (7) or more years of Engineering industry experience. Chemical engineering or Material Science & Engineering preferred but other degrees will be considered if the candidate has strong work experience.
* Five (5) years experience in integrated circuit (IC), MEMS, or printed circuit board manufacturing.
* Three (3) years of relevant leadership experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
* Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
* Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to train, motivate, multi-task and set priorities.
* Experience with good manufacturing practices (GMP)
* Strong statistics and statistical process control (six-sigma) skills
* Proficient in MS Office
* Knowledge of ERP systems, SAP preferred.
* Demonstrates good judgment and decision-making skills.
* A team player that can relate to people at all levels of the organization and possesses excellent communication skills.
* Ability to be flexible and able to function comfortably in a fast paced, constantly changing, and ambiguous environment while maintaining a positive team environment.
* Strong focus on customer service and dedicated to the overall success of the organization.
* Reliable and flexible to work additional hours on short notice to complete orders and/or special projects to meet customer demands.
* Understanding and experience in Lean manufacturing environment preferred. Participate in continuous improvement projects and 5S related performance teams.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Writing skills required to complete documents and forms.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Carlisle Interconnect Technologies is a clean facility, housing different machinery, equipment, processes, and chemicals which produce potential hazards in the work environment such as: ergonomic, chemical, machine point of operation, and powered industrial vehicle traffic. These hazards are controlled through means of engineering controls, such as machine guarding, and administrative controls, such as safety policies and programs. In certain areas of the facility, employees are required to wear Personal Protective equipment such as Hearing Protection, Safety Glasses, Safety Toe Shoes, and hand protection.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS
* ASTM F-2412-2005, ANSI Z41-1999, or ANSI Z41-1991 rated safety toe shoes in specific areas
* Clear ANSI Z87.1 safety rated glasses in specific areas
* Hearing protection, in specific locations
* Ability to compile with JSA in specific areas
Carlisle Interconnect Technologies is dedicated to identifying and reducing the environmental impact of its operations, activities, and products. It is our commitment to comply with all applicable laws and other regulatory requirements concerning the environment. We are committed to preventing pollution and continually improving our environmental performance in all our global operations. This will be achieved through a comprehensive Environmental Management System that provides the framework for setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets of Carlisle Interconnect Technologies.
EXPORT COMPLIANCE DISCLAIMER
This position includes access or potential access to ITAR and/or EAR technical data. Therefore, candidates will need to qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, or a Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder).
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Carlisle Interconnect Technologies
HunaTek Government Solutions
HunaTek Government Solutions
HunaTek Government Solutions