Posted in Other 8 days ago.
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
***$5,000 Sign On Bonus! (Bonus of $1,250.00 which will be paid every 3 months for your first year of employment. Note that you must be employed and maintain a full-time status at the time the bonus is paid in order to be eligible.)***
Are you looking for a new challenge and a place to grow your career? We have a great opportunity available at Belle Tire! We offer top pay and great benefits. Apply today!
JOB SUMMARY: As an Automotive Glass Installer/Technician for Belle Tire, you will use a small array of power or hand tools to repair/replace windshields and/or various other windows and mirrors in a wide variety of vehicles at locations requested by the customer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Inspect vehicles for damage prior to performing any type of work on the vehicle
* Inspect all new glass for any imperfections prior to performing any type of work on the vehicle
* Use of proper techniques to remove damaged glass without causing additional damage to vehicle
* Use of proper techniques to install new glass to the Belle Tire standard.
* Handle glass in an expert and safe manner
* Effectively communicate with customers
* Continuous thinking and sharing of ideas to improve Belle Tire
* Other duties as assigned by retail store manager or retail assistant manager
* Basic Qualifications
* 18 years of age
* Valid Driver's License
* Prior experience is necessary. Five (5) years of auto glass repair/replacement experience on all types of vehicles is preferred.
* Must purchase a basic auto glass tool kit from Belle Tire
* Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with co-workers and management
* Ability to read and write English
* Represents one's self and Belle Tire in a professional manner
* Demonstrates a commitment of high quality service to internal and external customers
* Education Requirements
* High School Diploma/GED is a plus
* Physical Requirements
* Must be able to stand for long periods of time
* Must be able to frequently lift over 25 pounds
* Requires motion entailing bending, twisting, pushing, pulling, stretching and continuous bilateral use of fingers and wrists.
* Automotive background is a plus.
Working Conditions: Varying work hours, Mon-Sat, some overtime may be required. Workshop environment, with heavy physical requirements: long periods of standing on your feet, lifting up to 25 pounds to chest level, bending, twisting, grabbing, and reaching.
Belle Tire was established over 100 years ago with the belief that customer satisfaction must always be the bottom line.
As a family owned company with over 140 retail locations and over 2,500 employees in Michigan, Indiana, Illinois and Ohio, we give our neighbors peace of mind and trust that we will get them back on the road fast and affordably. Belle Tire provides tire and automotive services including shocks and struts, oil changes, brakes, batteries, auto glass and more with an in-store experience that far exceeds a traditional garage.
Pay Range: $50,000-$60,000 per year
Belle Tire is an equal opportunity employer. At Belle Tire we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Trinity Health Michigan